Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,045   Online: 1050

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Another KA Gerbershagen interview 11 Apr 14 Rochester Business Joirnal

http://rbj.net/mobile/article.asp?aID=207020 or even better http://rbj.net/article.asp?aID=207020

Kodak Alaris CEO eyes future

In part:

RBJ: What do you see as the biggest challenge facing you and the company, particularly over the short term?

GERBERSHAGEN: The biggest challenge is to decide upon our priorities.

There are so many things we can do—and I told this to the team yesterday. The challenge is to decide on what we’re not going to do, because there is an overwhelming amount of opportunities here. I think we have to pick our best. We have to be very careful how we utilize our resources; we have to do what we can to scale this business up. We are going through this process at the moment. Focus is very important—decide what we are going to do and we are not going to do

It's all about priorities.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can anyone change 'Joirnal' to the correct 'Journal', please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The interview with the CEO found on second link is profoundly depressing. A very extensive interview with many questions, long detailed responses and not one, not ONCE was the word film used. Not in the entire interview.

Film is clearly an unimportant part of Kodak Alaris. I think the CEO of Kodak Alaris would has gone out of his way to avoid using the world film. A CEO interested in film would go out of his way to MENTION film.

Any hope I had in KA being part of the future for film just died today.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    The interview with the CEO found on second link is profoundly depressing. A very extensive interview with many questions, long detailed responses and not one, not ONCE was the word film used. Not in the entire interview.

Film is clearly an unimportant part of Kodak Alaris. I think the CEO of Kodak Alaris would has gone out of his way to avoid using the world film. A CEO interested in film would go out of his way to MENTION film.

Any hope I had in KA being part of the future for film just died today.......
    You have to realize the importance of the venue.

This is in the Rochester Business Journal.

Kodak Alaris isn't going to be expanding any film related businesses in Rochester, but they will be trying to expand their other business there.

The Kodak employees and operations that are film related in Rochester are almost entirely Eastman Kodak's, not Kodak Alaris'.

Any analogue focused growth in Kodak Alaris is likely to be centred elsewhere - most likely in the UK.

It occurs to me as well that Kodak Alaris may be intentionally down-playing the attention paid on the film side of the business while they investigate either extending the timeline for their source of supply, or replacing it.

If they are, for instance, trying to pin down a long term supply contract with Eastman Kodak, they probably don't want to be publically trumpeting how valuable that supply might be to them.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He does not refer to film, but he names two drugstore chains as example for important business partners. These two form local, nationwide sources for type 135 film in Germany..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    He does not refer to film, but he names two drugstore chains as example for important business partners. These two form local, nationwide sources for type 135 film in Germany..
    Do they also make photo prints for customers?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The CEO in this context refered to the Kiosk business. But at least they are important partners in the consumer business.

Aside of the kiosk business and film sale those two chains serve as in-/out-let for two industrial photo finishers. Both finishers though use Fuji RA-4 papers...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also: I would be very surprised if he wasn't also referring to film oriented customers when he said:

"Kodak Alaris has a very loyal customer base around the world. It is an unbelievable asset we can draw on. Even (with the) difficult time the team has gone through the last couple years, it is amazing how loyal the customers are to the business."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think this guy went way out of his way not to mention film on purpose. It's hard to imagine how he could have marginalized film more than what he did.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I think this guy went way out of his way not to mention film on purpose. It's hard to imagine how he could have marginalized film more than what he did.
    Because he didn't want to indicate his plan... His plan is probably to suck the film line dry and then shut it down... That's just a suspicion, if he planned to keep it, he would have mentioned it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin