Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 756

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am all in favor of Ilford, and I do buy quite a bit of medium and large format film from them. Black and white is terrific, but I still like to shoot color as well so I continue to support Kodak and Fuji. I for one will be very, very disappointed if they fold entirely. I am still very much addicted to Fuji slide film and to Kodak Portra films.

IMHO there is still nothing quite like a well exposed medium format color slide. For the life of me I cannot understand how someone can claim that color digital is the way to go after looking at a medium format slide show.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    IMHO there is still nothing quite like a well exposed medium format color slide. For the life of me I cannot understand how someone can claim that color digital is the way to go after looking at a medium format slide show.

They probably havent looked at it. I only recently shot some colour slides in 120 and was blown away!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    I'm not at all surprised. The future of B&W imaging isn't in 'amateur products' like 35mm film and RC paper but rather, in products designed for the more committed photographers.
    I do not see 35mm and RC paper not being for the "more committed photographers".

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    You are suggesting that the one successful B&W film maker, which is fully committed to analog - should go digital, ala on the lines of Kodak?
    Do not overlook that they offer products for digital photography since long time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    Most of the greatest pictures (since the 30s) have been taken on 35mm.
    Buwahahahahahahahaha!

Shooter
    Large Format
    For B&W it's Ilford all the way for me. It's a conscious patronage. I presently use Rodinal but I might even switch developer just for the heck of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please do not underestimate 35mm.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chip j DHW Rollei still makes MF film cameras, Holga and Lomography still make MF cameras, Linhof still makes MF cameras, Zero Image still makes MF cameras, Mamiya still sells and maybe still makes MF cameras, Ebony still makes MF cameras and the list goes on and on. There are currently more makers of MF equipment than 35mm cameras not the other way around.

Also baachitraka is right please do not underestimate 35mm. Some of the greatest and most iconic images of the 20th century were made with them, also with MF and LF cameras of course. Some scenes and subjects are better suited to the 35mm aestethics and some to the MF and LF look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    The medium format film camera companies are all out of business,
    Really, what about Rolleiflex, Fotoman, Gaoersi, Lomo Cosina (Fuji). Pentax, Hasselblad and Mamiya still make cameras, things could change once the glut of second hand equipment has dried up.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    recently I'm revisiting 35 mm after doing a lot of shooting and printing with 120. i find that with 35 mm it's easier to accentuate the nature of film more than it is with the larger formats, where it's more about resolution and gradation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin