Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,740   Online: 908

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    And now this. A dude masturbating a camera.
    ^lol. Whoever's doing the internet marketing for Leica they deserve a standing ovation. Having worked in corporate web videos, I think ideas like these are priceless. I wish I could see the analytics of how many people watched the entire video vs those who gave up a few minutes, or even seconds in to the video. I'd say their target demographic are those who still tuned after ten minutes.
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nice body work, it's just a shame they then put a mobile phone inside it.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Nice body work, it's just a shame they then put a mobile phone inside it.
    Yeah, I'll certainly give you that. But this same craftsmanship extends to the M line - and those have the goods inside.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    Clever ad.

I'm not sure I see the point in putting heirloom levels of craftsmanship into a digital camera that will certainly be obsolete in ten years, but if that's what floats your boat...
    I agree, in ten years digital technology moves on so quickly these days that the current Leica digital models will be a joke.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The people who generally buy new Leica cameras are like the old rich guys who buy fancy sports cars. It isn't about the capabilities, its about the image.

To me the most boring ad was that commercial for the new Infinity auto that never showed the car, just a bunch of flying geese or something.
    Last edited by momus; 05-02-2014 at 10:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    And the generalizations keep on coming...

People do buy (the M at least) because they like a solidly built, SIMPLE camera. Obviously it's not about the features. Leica cameras never were.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll pass.

My 104 year-old 5x7 makes a better image anyway.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    The people who generally buy new Leica cameras are like the old rich guys who buy fancy sports cars. It isn't about the capabilities, its about the image.
    I always thought it was because it took that long to save the money to buy them.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    I always thought it was because it took that long to save the money to buy them.
    Kinda like nice Harley's here in the states, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a guy on a Harley without a lot of silver in his hair.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Kinda like nice Harley's here in the states, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a guy on a Harley without a lot of silver in his hair.
    Around here, they are likely to have shaved heads (and colours) instead.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin