Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,624   Online: 756

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You only make a perishable while you are going to sell enough of it to make a profit.

EKs manufacture is sized for larger volumes than currently... the coating machine may be on 20% or less EK could stop any time they have a breakdown.

KAs manufacture has not done film for a while.

The last Ilford colour I used was in '65. I liked it but they stopped.

I've two fridges with very little food in them.

Forma, Ilford, Adox, Lucky and Orwo are making nice mono?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of us think monochrome is safe, at least in the most popular sizes (35mm, 120, 4x5 and 8x10 at least.) I think it could go on even without Ilford but we all hope that is never necessary. It's color that's really in danger.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've only got 1500 feet of mono in fridges the greater stache (bulk) is Fuji C41...

My first problem is my chem supplier has stopped CD3 & CD4... I need to order from Ge.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I always believed that Kodak will be done for good when Gold color film disappears. Hopefully Fuji will still be around or Ferrania will kick in by then.

If any of the Kodak loser idiots are reading this understand, I will buy and use Kodak color film as long as you produce it and sell it. But I'm not going to pay insane money for it and I'm past worrying about whether Kodak survives. I'm not insane enough to care more about your company than you, yourselves do.
    I have to agree with you entirely. I use color and B&W, and will continue to use color while it lasts.

In the meantime, I'll certainly try Ferrania if and when it appears, and, if it's decent, will support them 100%, they'll deserve it! For B&W I'm now 100% Ilford, again they deserve our support.

Never thought I'd say it, but I actually don't need Kodak now for anything, not even their cheap Chinese-made batteries. Which, thinking about it, is the only Kodak product I've seen anywhere for many months.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    KA's claims of wanting to be innovative are contradicted by their claim that "no improvements are necessary" (to the existing film portfolio)

Here are the details:

RG: Appreciate the question, Peter. My passions include driving long-term growth by way of innovation, empowerment, and accountability. And those passions are behind everything I want to do for Kodak Alaris and our customers to enable success for all.

Samuel Davis: Is research and development into new/improved emulsions continuing, or is Kodak Alaris sticking to the emulsions it already has?

RG:Our current product portfolio delivers the very best films available in the world today. In fact, these are the best films that the company has ever produced. No improvements are necessary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Ok, touche. But I remember when they didn't have that either, so I guess I wasn't thinking of it.

Ilford makes a very good one though, and it's available in 120. Love me some Delta 3200 and I shoot a LOT of it.
    I've got a brick of Delta 3200 and a liter of DD-X and priority number 1 is getting to know this film developer combination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    KA's claims of wanting to be innovative are contradicted by their claim that "no improvements are necessary" (to the existing film portfolio)

Here are the details:

RG: Appreciate the question, Peter. My passions include driving long-term growth by way of innovation, empowerment, and accountability. And those passions are behind everything I want to do for Kodak Alaris and our customers to enable success for all.

Samuel Davis: Is research and development into new/improved emulsions continuing, or is Kodak Alaris sticking to the emulsions it already has?

RG:Our current product portfolio delivers the very best films available in the world today. In fact, these are the best films that the company has ever produced. No improvements are necessary.
    That's a case where the "truth" slipped out. I bet he wishes he could recall that line. KA has no interest in promoting film for the future.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Film companies, camera companies and camera retailers all missed opportunities by jumping on the digital bandwagon. Selling digital stuff was easy. The entire industry decided to take a stand and promote only digital. Selling digital stuff was easy. The internet came along and now digital prevails, customers no longer need to visit the store to buy film, have it developed, buy prints or browse the other merchandise while they're there. Kodak is no longer one of the thirty DJI companies. Film and digital photography could have been actively promoted at the same time, much like sporting goods stores promote golf and softball at the same time. Many many people are interested in both at the same time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    I haven't noticed a Kodak representative here interacting with APUG members.
    they are undercover and don't reveal themselves

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    That in lies the issue kodak, aleris whatever.... Of getting with the program.... ilford engages in this forum community regularly. They get it. Kodak is never here.. They flat out cut their nose off to spite their face...... WAKE the F up! Your market is shrinking...engage what space you have left and listen to people. Shit or get the hell off the pot.
    Sorry, I really don't understand the constant repetition of this "Kodak needs to be on APUG" thing. To what end? What exactly will that do? Get 2 more people already using film to try some Tri-X, and then say it sucks because they developed it in urinol and used 20 year old fixer? Or are you expecting it to help Kodak when the wackjobs start bugging them for special orders and other idiot ideas?

Enough of this. They currently offer a selection of the finest films and chemicals. Just use them if you like them.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin