Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,494   Online: 993

Page 1 of 39 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Alaris responses and dispatches

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes a month or so goes by before i process a sheet of film. Even more time goes by before I print that film.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, that was interesting to read. It was both encouraging and discouraging. The new CEO's job is to make a profit for the company and which is an understandable priority, of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Película View Post
    Thanks, that was interesting to read. It was both encouraging and discouraging. The new CEO's job is to make a profit for the company and which is an understandable priority, of course.
    What did you find discouraging?

The lack of E-6 coming back? The lack of new formulations? Something else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RG: A number of our team members review the forums (APUG, Flickr, etc.) regularly. We respond as often as we can.
    Simon and Mirko are here and active and known and very appreciated. I haven't noticed a Kodak representative here interacting with APUG members.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No real surprises there. All things considered, I suppose that's about as much as could be realistically expected from him.

Like Ned, I was surprised to see his reference to APUG. I don't recall seeing any KA presence here.
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Alaris Responds!

Those responses are all the same stock answers given to individual email questions a month ago. No surprises. No change from the milk-film-while-we-can-and-then-drop-it approach previously articulated by Eastman Kodak and Kodak Alaris. No reason for optimism. Just a delay in responding via that particular communication channel.

If you like a particular Kodak film, shoot and enjoy it while you can. If you want to afford to be able to keep shooting it after 2015, get a freezer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He dodged the bullet in many places and didn't really commit to anything other than what they have already said.

'We are happy to provide the films, as long as it makes sense to do so'... When the movie industry pulls the plug completely, it'll be interesting to see if there will be any color film available at all.
    But I don't want to be too cynical. I wish Kodak Alaris the very best. I just wish they wouldn't just rest on their laurels film wise, but try to be a little bit innovative with their products.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I counted a total of 12 questions and answers, 9 on the subject of film. The 3 non-film questions led the responses at the top.

As expected, the corporate-speak responses were very Alice-like. Regarding film, at this moment we're still making it. And if we continue making it into the next moment, it's because of our commitment to you. But if we stop making it the moment after that, it will be because of your lack of commitment to us.

Lost somewhere in all of those responses was any indication of fire-in-the-belly regarding traditional film photography. I knew I should have asked him about his personal darkroom preferences. I do wonder if Galerie is also his favorite silver paper?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That in lies the issue kodak, aleris whatever.... Of getting with the program.... ilford engages in this forum community regularly. They get it. Kodak is never here.. They flat out cut their nose off to spite their face...... WAKE the F up! Your market is shrinking...engage what space you have left and listen to people. Shit or get the hell off the pot.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Page 1 of 39 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin