Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,952   Posts: 1,557,979   Online: 1097

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This is such a long thread that I have not kept up with it, but I have a point to make after skimming it.

You see, what Harman is doing is almost exactly what Kodak is doing, but in a slightly different direction. Kodak has changed Kodak Park into Kodak Industrial Park and they are renting out space to businesses and demolishing old and unused buildings to make room for new construction.

There is a striking parallel to these two companies actions, but with the direction of one being "consumer" and the other being "industrial".

And it seems to me that no one is getting rich on either plan. It is a method of staying "even" or just moving ahead with some degree of usable "profit".

PE
    Well said and good point, I bet that will make Dan happy too, to have others see it in that light. Thanks PE.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Alleged current market value of homes purchased long ago doesn't necessarily mean their owners are "rich."
    Of course. Don't take me too literally.

I'm just saying that values here never reached those heights, and have fallen from there. They were on the rebound and now have turned back down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This is such a long thread that I have not kept up with it, but I have a point to make after skimming it.

You see, what Harman is doing is almost exactly what Kodak is doing, but in a slightly different direction. Kodak has changed Kodak Park into Kodak Industrial Park and they are renting out space to businesses and demolishing old and unused buildings to make room for new construction.

There is a striking parallel to these two companies actions, but with the direction of one being "consumer" and the other being "industrial".

And it seems to me that no one is getting rich on either plan. It is a method of staying "even" or just moving ahead with some degree of usable "profit".

PE
    “The Eastman Business Park in Rochester is integral to the region’s economic future,” said Empire State Development President, CEO & Commissioner Kenneth Adams. “I am pleased that with Governor Cuomo’s leadership and this new partnership between New York State and the EBP Bioscience Manufacturing Center, the park is receiving the short and long-term support it needs to become a major economic driver in Monroe County.”

Significant progress has been made in resolving the obstacles to the Eastman Business Park’s future growth, enabling it to attract new companies and helping meet the goal of creating 1,800 jobs over the next five years at the site. In 2013, Kodak and the state agreed to a global settlement that addressed environmental legacy issues at the site; the Park’s utility systems were acquired, ensuring stability for the Park’s tenants; and Kodak emerged from bankruptcy and committed to maintain significant operations and jobs at the site. The FLREDC believes the Park has turned a corner and is ready to become one of the nation’s preeminent industrial parks for technological innovation.

Eastman Business Park (EBP), formerly Kodak Park, is a massive 1,200 acre technology and industrial complex that spans from the City of Rochester into the Town of Greece in Monroe County. EBP has more than one million square feet of manufacturing, laboratory and warehouse space with infrastructure systems that put it among the top industrial sites in the eastern United States. Under Governor Cuomo, more than $90 million has been committed and invested by New York State to attract dozens of new companies that are transforming EBP into a diverse hub for research and development (R&D) and high tech manufacturing. The park now has 48 companies with more than 6,500 employees, most of which are non-Kodak jobs.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/press/02...-business-park

http://www.eastmanbusinesspark.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, NIMBYs ("not in my backyard") apparently contributed to a long delay of the project that would consolidate HARMAN's Mobberley facilities. July came and went with no approval. The latest provisional date for a decision by the Cheshire East Council is November 12:

I don't know whether, if the proposal is approved, there would be a day-for-day slip, but the development will definitely take longer than notional schedules associated with the planning package.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin