Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,063   Posts: 1,611,511   Online: 1104

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
    Smart move. I should switch to Ilford film.
    I did a while ago, you won't be sorry.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SRT-102 | XD-5 | XD-11 | XE-7 | Hi-Matic 9 | Hi-Matic 11 | Sears 35RF | Minolta 5D | Sony A300 | Mamiya C220 | Bronica SQ-a | Yashica YK | Minolta Maxxum 7000 | Pentax K1000 | Speed Graphic 23

http://blisslars.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Fantastic move and very smart indeed, just think Simon if you start growing rhubarbs you can use for tanning devs.

very strong looking proposal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great news!
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooooooh. They're going to need a stoplight at the corner of Ilford and Town.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulations on the new project, Simon! Very nice to see this progress.
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm confused about something, maybe it's the difference between English and American language but this sentence confused me.

“It’s a massive development and 375 is a huge amount and that will turn Mobberley into a town."

Isn't Mobberley already a town? That's why it has people working at the factory and living near the factory?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The current plant is quite new, it is not the original Ilford plant. And newer at least than Mobberley. It is not one of those plants having own housing estates around.

Seemingly people at Mobberley find their place still to be too small. It is not yet a town legally.

Shooter
    35mm
    Stone,
    The British version of Google lists this as its first entry from Wikipedia:
    Mobberley is a semi-rural village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, situated between Wilmslow and Knutsford. (...)According to the 2001 census the parish had a population of 2,546.
    Some images: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Mo...w=1280&bih=871
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, 2x OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm confused about something, maybe it's the difference between English and American language but this sentence confused me.

“It’s a massive development and 375 is a huge amount and that will turn Mobberley into a town."

Isn't Mobberley already a town? That's why it has people working at the factory and living near the factory?
    Sometimes the designation is arbitrary, and sometimes is based on population, services, or other things. I do remember a couple villages in North East Ohio becoming cities (despite not wanting to) because of population growth, although "village" is still part of the official name. It can be a bit confusing, on paper at least.

This won't give a final word, but may shed some light on the concept:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The current plant is quite new, it is not the original Ilford plant. And newer at least than Mobberley. It is not one of those plants having own housing estates around.

Seemingly people at Mobberley find their place still to be too small. It is not yet a town legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Stone,
    The British version of Google lists this as its first entry from Wikipedia:

Some images: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Mo...w=1280&bih=871
    OH!! It's a VILLAGE... It did say village in the article it just never clicked, and I grew up in a city of 150,000 people, my brain doesn't even differentiate between a town and a village haha, they are all "quaint" places I don't see how a place of 2,000 people adding 375 more homes would be so bad that it would upset the populous of that area. Though I could see that adding 375 more homes would mean some might move from their current home to the newer homes leaving 375 abandoned homes in an area that doesn't have any other industry to support people moving in. Unless somehow the new factory would employ MORE people, but I don't know how that could be possible, I would think it would mean less because of smaller scale. I suppose the addition of whatever is built in place of the old factory they are tearing down (like the parks proposed) means some need for caretakers but I can see how it would upset the balance of the area.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin