Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,232   Online: 847

Page 1 of 26 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Kodak out of stock in Tokyo

I just went to two BicCameras and Yodobashi's flagship store in Shinjuku. Nobody has any kodak portra 400 or Tri-X left. They have a few portra 800s and some T-Max left and everything else says you have to order the film now if you want to buy. Seems like they're not stocking it anymore.

That's really sad news. While I don't mind ordering the film, this doesn't sound like good news at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know what you mean, here in Richmond, VA I have to order the film I want.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    But you can buy lots of Fujifilm in Japan, right? I'm guessing that wasn't out of stock.

Shooter
    35mm
    Correct

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you happen to check to see if both the in stock items and order only items reflect the price increases that were reported to be effective as of June 1st?

Shooter
    35mm
    Didn't see any price increase for Portra 400. It's 4790 yen for a 5-pack just as when they had it in stock.
    The in stock T-MAX is also at the old price still.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well now I am curious as to what is going on with distribution and these supposed price increases....I might reach out to my contacts and see if I can dig something up. Maybe get ahold of Bellamy at Japan Camera Hunter and see if he can shed some light on it...

I hate more than anyone to speculate but if the rumored price increases are around the corner, I could see how retail outlets would be hesitant to stock the film if they fear it becoming short dated due to purchasing reactions to the new prices....

Shooter
    35mm
    Please. I am very curious, too!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here in the old continent (at least in Italy) it's normal buying rolls through web. Very few shops keep stocking films....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by faustotesta View Post
    Here in the old continent (at least in Italy) it's normal buying rolls through web. Very few shops keep stocking films....
    Japan has lots of film everywhere. Kind of, at least compared to Australia where there's no film anywhere.

ericdan, I started a thread about the same issue back in January and February. Kodak can't keep the stocks shelved and the distribution is terrible throughout asia after they switched hands, and while I was travelling in Japan I switched to Pro 400H.

You might want to give Popeye Camera a try in Jiyuugaoka. It's a great suburb for street photography too, currently one of my favs in Tokyo.

Page 1 of 26 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin