Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,484   Online: 750

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Actually it was Apug where I came across the term Hipster. It was only last year that I first heard it being used in Germany.

I am still not quite sure what it means.
    Just now the the discounter Lidl has got underwear on offer. And I learned that low cut women slips are called Hipster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, they shoot film, so they're kindred. Not leprous. Diversity is good!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post

Actually it was Apug where I came across the term Hipster. It was only last year that I first heard it being used in Germany.

I am still not quite sure what it means. I guess I myself am considered a nerd. Another of these terms...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/-ster

EDIT: does Hippie come from being hip?
    Yes.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    ... let's not degrade Lawrence Welk. Who else was so cool as to have a 'bubble machine'?
    "Wunerful, wunerful... Turn off the bubble machine! ... The whole ballroom is lathering up with bubbles! ..." (Stan Freberg)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alanrockwood View Post
    "Wunerful, wunerful... Turn off the bubble machine! ... The whole ballroom is lathering up with bubbles! ..." (Stan Freberg)
    Ah, Stan Freberg! In these debased times we have great need of you, along with Bob and Ray, and George Carlin, and ... Bob Newhart, and many, many other gentle comics who so expertly skewered the absurdities of daily existence. Chad Mitchell Trio, anyone?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    To be blunt about it, anything that causes people to buy film is a good thing, as increased volumes means that it worth keeping the machines alive. Otherwise you might just have 3 makers of black and white film and spend 20 bucks a roll for it. The only disappointment is that the great surge of cheep expired film is gone, and what is left people think is golden. But that is life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    Ah, Stan Freberg! In these debased times we have great need of you, along with Bob and Ray, and George Carlin, and ... Bob Newhart, and many, many other gentle comics who so expertly skewered the absurdities of daily existence. Chad Mitchell Trio, anyone?
    Bob Newhart is alive and well and has been making occasional appearances on The Big Bang Theory.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Bob Newhart is alive and well and has been making occasional appearances on The Big Bang Theory.
    Well, had been. Bob Newhart is very much alive, but his character on The Big Bang Theory (Pro. Proton) has died.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stan Freberg is still alive too.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    As a bearded 19-year-old who is frequently referred to as a hipster because he enjoys shooting film and listening to non-mainstream music, lomography somewhat worries me. I'm all for people shooting more film, and, optimistically, I'd love to see it make a comeback. However, while many of the images that I see other young film photographers producing look cool, there doesn't seem to be much thought that goes into making their images. They treat their holgas like their smart phones. They seem to snap snap snap away, and don't really think about the end result, which goes against most of the reason of why I'm starting to love shooting film. While there is nothing wrong with experimenting around, I think it's important that we (people my age) slow down and think about how we make our images.

My biggest concern is that analog will become the new digital, and by that I mean shooting without much thought. Though I doubt it will ever go that far.

If you are really interested in seeing the kinds of images that lomo hipsters are shooting, I suggest that you head to lomography's tumblr: http://lomographicsociety.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by TheNewMayor; 07-11-2014 at 02:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Please let me know what you think of my images: thefrontofmyfridge.tumblr.com

| canon ae-1 | canon ae-1 program | minolta xg-m |

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin