Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,467   Online: 950

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They all were alive wehen being taken over in the 60s.

Perutz even lived on as an Agfa brand after film manufacture at the Perutz plant was stopped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. I remember the Perutz slide film I shot in the 90s.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The history of the european photochemical industry is complex even letting aside those small enterprises from before WWI.
    I know one plant where 4 manufactures produced in succession.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I sometimes wonder where German companies would be today had the leadership stopped the Blitzkrieg at some point while they were ahead. Germany had managed to regain what was lost in the previous war, and their earlier boundaries and more, not to mention its industrial might. It really was a shame to turn the country to rubble like that. But if "what ifs" were gold, diamonds, and rubies, we'd all be rich.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you, AgX, for that informative post. In my youth, I only shot Kodak, since that was what was readily available here in the US. Now it's mostly Fuji (I love E-6), Ilford for B&W, and some of the Agfa-Gevaert made films (Wittner Chrome 200D and the Rollei IR400s come to mind). For color negative, I still do Kodak, though I generally shoot very little color negative.

Agfa-Gevaert still have some top-notch films, even if they're only sold to others for finishing.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin