Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,663   Online: 833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well of course, what would you expect!

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well there goes 16mm film runs from Kodak...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    NFL goes to all digital at 2015

And Ken goes to no more NFL films at 2015...

"They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be really surprised if Kodak didn't know of this development way before that article. Kind of coincides rather well with the article on saving Kodak motion picture film.

And to be honest, who is surprised by this turn? ARRI Amira brings the needed higher framerates and is much more in pace with the type of business NFL Films is in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reading this I was surprised to know they still used any film. What part of the game(s) is it used for??
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Reading this I was surprised to know they still used any film. What part of the game(s) is it used for??
    All of it... They only use film...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do they do all the instant replays?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    How do they do all the instant replays?
    By the gist of the text, "NFL Films" is not what gets broadcast direct to TV, that would have been videotape since at least the 80s.
    These "films" must be something that's shown in a "cinema" (remember them? I haven't been to one in years) and not live on TV. (edit: or maybe flown to TV stations for the nightly highlights, but still not live)

ps, of course they kept the name "NFL Films", because "NFL Pixels" doesn't have the same ring to it (and Pixar might sue them for it).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    By the gist of the text, "NFL Films" is not what gets broadcast direct to TV, that would have been videotape since at least the 80s.
    These "films" must be something that's shown in a "cinema" (remember them? I haven't been to one in years) and not live on TV. (edit: or maybe flown to TV stations for the nightly highlights, but still not live)

ps, of course they kept the name "NFL Films", because "NFL Pixels" doesn't have the same ring to it (and Pixar might sue them for it).
    Most modern film cameras have a digital output in the shutter for showing the director/DP/Producer what is being filmed, it's not high resolution but for a TV screen it's just fine and crisp.

Also what you see on TV is mostly from the respective broadcaster channel, but when they show "back in the day" clips of football games and such and sell those Taped / DVD / BlueRay's of the championship game, it's the recorded game on film. (To my understanding).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin