Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,242   Posts: 1,680,087   Online: 820

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

DHW Fototechnik in insolvency

The long history of demises of the Rollei company has got a new (last?) chapter.

The latest spin off DHW, who continued manufacture of classic Rollei cameras and projectors in the Rollei plant, but who also took over toll-design and -manufacture of photographic apparatus is in severe financial trouble.

Shooter
    Large Format
    A comment directly from the company:

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/601243-post13.html

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for that update.
    Though I'm surprised that lack of advertizing as indicated in that statement is that important in that niche of a niche market where I expect possibly interested buyers would have got the "news" of Rollei cameras still being manufactured.
    A different situation sure is with those people not yet linked deeply to photograophy but willing to spent money on some collectors items.
    Last edited by AgX; 09-14-2014 at 03:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About 500 views and no comment yet.

I guess you all think that if a company has experiences with demises it is "Rollei", and that with all that used gear on the market one should not bother either.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am adopting a wait and see option, after all, I, and I am sure many others here, would love a new rollei tlr, but don't have a hope in hell of ever buying one, and are content with their used cameras, also, rollei seem to have a history of becoming insolvent and re emerging from the ashes, plus as far as I can see they can still trade under German law, so I don't see any reason to Panic yet

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, they can trade. But "they" means a bankruptcy trustee who is running the business now. (In contrast to the Kodak case where managment still could go on.) Such trustee of course takes another perspective on the matter.

And if a represantative states that marketing is of major importance to them, than lacking a booth at Photokina seems a severe deficite. Though there are other means too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They're the guys who manufacture the "modern" super-expensive Rolleiflexes?
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. Those classic TLR's.
    And the meanwhile classic 6008 SLR, the new Hy6 SLR, a technical camera, lenses and 35 and 60mm slide projectors.

http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/en.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Yes, they can trade. But "they" means a bankruptcy trustee who is running the business now. (In contrast to the Kodak case where managment still could go on.) Such trustee of course takes another perspective on the matter.

And if a represantative states that marketing is of major importance to them, than lacking a booth at Photokina seems a severe deficite. Though there are other means too.
    When Kodak was bankrupt a judge had the final say on how the company was run.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak was in bancruptcy under "Chapter 11" and that typically allows the management to go on.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin