Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,641   Online: 769

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Yep, more corporate crap. The citizens of the entire world need to force corporations to profit from making things and not financial moves...Evan Clarke
    I'm sure the Ilfochrome line is not very profitable...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Wow, I know that winter has returned around here and that Milwaukee got some snow, but this is the worst case of cabin fever I have heard of.
    No a much worse case was when Wolf Larsen thought Charlie had become a chicken in "The Gold Rush" and chased him round the cabin with an axe.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    No a much worse case was when Wolf Larsen thought Charlie had become a chicken in "The Gold Rush" and chased him round the cabin with an axe.

pentaxuser
    I have days like that but without hallucinating chickens
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    I have days like that but without hallucinating chickens
    You then just chase after Charlie with an axe?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    I'm sure the Ilfochrome line is not very profitable...
    Seems so, it's a niche market. I read about the French Army using it and that's why Ilford (Oji) said it would be manufactured until 2020 at least. Because their contract ends there.

It would be sad to have it discontinued. I want to try it once I have a few nice slides.

Shooter
    35mm
    The factory in Switzerland also makes some nice inkjet papers, which are quite easy to get hold of (in Europe, at least). They are branded as Ilford, as they have the right to do that for what are regarded as colour materials. That apparently is why Harman's line of inkjet papers, made in the UK, is branded Harman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I fear this may mean "goodbye to Ilfochrome". I would like to be wrong about this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    I fear this may mean "goodbye to Ilfochrome". I would like to be wrong about this.
    Considering this happened a year ago, I wouldn't be extremely worried about it being killed off any faster now that a private firm owns it.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The end

Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    I agree, but it's a crappy way for people to live. Investment companies are only interested in shuffling papers around, what happens if the investment company wakes up and finds that Ilford Imaging can make them a quick little profit if they sell the scrap metal and the real estate? People made better wealth in the past by employing people and making products than the robber barons of this century are making corporate raids. The people of the industrialized world deserve the financial instability we have now because we have let the giant corporate culture evolve. The people in developing counties deserve what they WILL get when the same corporations forsake them. Hopefully we will have a giant solar storm and everybody will be directly responsible for their own needs and welfare. Corporate savvy and paper shuffling will have no value then....EC
    I'm with you EC, it might be interesting to watch an investment banker trying to buy food or water with worthless money.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    This is not Ilford Photo, but it is the company responsible for Ilfochrome.

Prepare to see Ilfochrome raw materials skyrocket. Ultimately, out of reach to everybody...
    Shareholders behind the firm(s) will be rubbing their hands with glee at the expected profit returns, until at least the world looses interest in Ilfochrome and suddenly pfff— ... no more returns. Isn't it curious than investment company here in Australia owned by two general practitioners was one of the less-palatable reasons why Australia's best Ilfochrome lab — ChromaColour — went bust?
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin