Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,943   Online: 1070

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford Imaging bought by investment company

After being owned by a prodction company (Oji Paper from Japan) for about 5 years Ilford Imaging has been sold to a british investment company (Paradigm):

http://www.ilford.com/en/pdf/press/P...ATEMENT_EN.pdf

www.paradigmllp.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is not Ilford Photo though.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yep, more corporate crap. The citizens of the entire world need to force corporations to profit from making things and not financial moves...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This is not Ilford Photo, but it is the company responsible for Ilfochrome.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This invesrment company thing is tricky. Some other materials praised here at Apug are made by manufacturers backed by investment companies. Maybe we would lack those materials if the manufacturers would have to rely on bank money.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    This invesrment company thing is tricky. Some other materials praised here at Apug are made by manufacturers backed by investment companies. Maybe we would lack those materials if the manufacturers would have to rely on bank money.
    I agree, but it's a crappy way for people to live. Investment companies are only interested in shuffling papers around, what happens if the investment company wakes up and finds that Ilford Imaging can make them a quick little profit if they sell the scrap metal and the real estate? People made better wealth in the past by employing people and making products than the robber barons of this century are making corporate raids. The people of the industrialized world deserve the financial instability we have now because we have let the giant corporate culture evolve. The people in developing counties deserve what they WILL get when the same corporations forsake them. Hopefully we will have a giant solar storm and everybody will be directly responsible for their own needs and welfare. Corporate savvy and paper shuffling will have no value then....EC

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Hopefully we will have a giant solar storm and everybody will be directly responsible for their own needs and welfare. Corporate savvy and paper shuffling will have no value then....EC
    Won't the gamma rays be hard on my unexposed film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    After being owned by a prodction company (Oji Paper from Japan) for about 5 years Ilford Imaging has been sold to a british investment company (Paradigm):

http://www.ilford.com/en/pdf/press/P...ATEMENT_EN.pdf

www.paradigmllp.com/
    AgX, I can't seem to get the top link to open (I get a redirect to nowhere land) and the 2nd link just takes me to Boresville.

This is sad news anyhow.... eclarke, I hear you.

Ray
    Be free of all deception, Be safe from bodily harm
    Love without exception, Be a saint in any form
    (Patti Smith)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree, but it's a crappy way for people to live. Investment companies are only interested in shuffling papers around, what happens if the investment company wakes up and finds that Ilford Imaging can make them a quick little profit if they sell the scrap metal and the real estate? People made better wealth in the past by employing people and making products than the robber barons of this century are making corporate raids. The people of the industrialized world deserve the financial instability we have now because we have let the giant corporate culture evolve. The people in developing counties deserve what they WILL get when the same corporations forsake them. Hopefully we will have a giant solar storm and everybody will be directly responsible for their own needs and welfare. Corporate savvy and paper shuffling will have no value then....EC
    Been there, done that. The company I work for was a management buy out and went through two sets of venture capitalists in fairly quick succession. It works, but its not a good long term strategy. They want "Paper Value", and this is often at the cost of long term prospects. We were relieved when a big, "evil multinational" bought us. They understood what we were about, and they are looking Looooong term. Now its time to rebuild the damage the financial vultures wrought.

Actually the financial wizzkids will be looking longterm ATM, as the rate of return on buying a company, and building it up will be a hell of a lot better than gambling on the markets. We may be seeing a bit more proper investment now. One hopes so anyway
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ....Hopefully we will have a giant solar storm and everybody will be directly responsible for their own needs and welfare. .......EC
    Wow, I know that winter has returned around here and that Milwaukee got some snow, but this is the worst case of cabin fever I have heard of.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin