Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,525   Online: 1037

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Out of curiousity, I have sent an inquiry to Judy Goonan, Director Customer Relations. Just a general 'Where-Is-The-Film-Portion-Of-Your-Business-Headed' kind of thing. It will be interesting to see just what shape the response takes.

don't expect much !

i asked a vp over the phone the same sort of thing several years ago.
    he told me they no plans on changing any aspect of their
    film - paper - chemistry business in the foreseeable future ... kind of thing
    and then 2 weeks later they announced to the world they would no longer
    be making black and white photo papers .

oh well business is business ...

not that i don't enjoy using their films, i don't put much faith into the idea
    that in the next few years they will make any of it anymore ...
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's part of the trend to label the most senior execs "C_O". Otherwise known as VP, sales.

Sort of like grade inflation. I do love corporate speak though, "we have always believed in putting the customer first" and "reinforcing our commitment". So they create a new position?
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i asked a vp over the phone the same sort of thing several years ago.
    he told me they no plans on changing any aspect
    "Nothing will change" is corporatespeak for "this will be gone in six months or less." Invariably uttered in conjunction with corporate takeovers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    First after profit/loss of course. It is the nature of the beast after all.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    But, that's what I've been trying to say.

But The Minister Of Politically Correctness, seems to disagree.

Originally I posted that the gentleman was a Digital DoucheBag,
    then I corrected myself, DoucheBag is so overused.
    Nothing like being a bigot. Afraid that a new technology will show you up so you resort to name calling. Nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    It's not intuitively obvious on Kodak's site - has anybody found a way to contact this guy? If he's truly interested in consumer input as the blurb says, I'm sure we can give him some
    With that other woman's 1920 cell phone?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Good gods. Film is a business. When it's gone, time to move on to something else.

I have to agree, and paintings are only colored oil on a rag attached to some wood.

All seriousness aside, I've decided to delve into making digital negatives and leave the sacred cow along the wayside.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Excerpts from Kodak press release:

Eastman Kodak Company announced that it has named Gustavo Oviedo to the position of Chief Customer Officer

“Kodak has always believed in putting the customer first,” said Perez. “With the creation of the position of Chief Customer Officer, we are reinforcing our commitment to delivering products and services that reflect the input and the needs of our customers, both commercial and consumer.

As Chief Customer Officer, Oviedo’s primary responsibility will be making the customer central to the company’s delivery of products and services – from design to distribution. He will partner with all of Kodak’s business teams and Corporate Marketing to carry out his mission. From his base in Rochester, N.Y., he will oversee the company’s sales and customer operations in the Americas; Europe, Africa and Middle East Region.

“Our sales increasingly come from the business-to-business marketplace, which is where I have spent the bulk of my career. I look forward to doing all I can to contribute to the continued success of Kodak’s digital transformation.”
    Well that's very good news, now we can rest assure that the company really likes us, you really like us! I felt so alone and sad but now I'm loved and cherished and feel loved again. Oh what a wonderful day, oh what a wonderful feeling to know that millions of miles of film will flow into my life and beyond. I'm almost speachless but I can't keep it in. Oh thank you Mr. Pres. Preres EI EI O. Mr. Chief Customer Digital Transformation Film Killer Oviedo, and it's i before e so it's certainly correct.

Like the Pharaoh who erased the name of a previous Pharaoh and put his name on the monuments, I wish you luck on making a historical statement and striking the name of Kodak Film forever from the land and may no man speak the work "film" lest they be struck off the planet in a digital flame.

Lastly I'm heading to the bathroom to vomit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I did not even know that such a new forum existed. I guess it was not annonced.
    Announced on December 15--

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum38/8...stry-news.html
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    and it's i before e so it's certainly correct.
    As an aside, the 'rule' "i before e except after c" has more exceptions to it than words which obey it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin