Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,627   Online: 932

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    If you're not interested, no one's forcing you to read the thread......?
    Spare me. It's over. Live with it. Time to move from denial to recovery.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Do you take that view with every historic event?

Actually, I have already moved on, to B&W, C-41, MF (and even digital for some things.... ).

I've had a great year with K-14, it's demise made me make the effort to go to shoot many places, events and subjects, and to enjoy two extra holidays, which I might not have done otherwise. How about you?
    Last edited by railwayman3; 12-30-2010 at 08:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We do live with it. Living with 'it' (and adapting to change) seems to me one of APUGs defining characteristics. Bloody nora mate! If the folks of APUGland want to commemorate the end of an era, let 'em do so.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not over till I get my last slides back from Dwayne's. Then I will mourn and at last move on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm curious what will happen to Dwayne's once their Kodachrome business is gone. They'll be just another e6 and c41 lab now.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps it's a bigger, wider world than you realize. And not everyone in that world thinks or feels exactly like you do. It's always dangerous to be telling others just what their thoughts and feelings and actions should be...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's appropriate to commemorate the passing of Kodachrome. I have used and preferred Kodachrome since I was 18. I am now over three times that age, and until now it was always there. I can't do today what I could yesterday, what I have been enjoying for over 2/3rds of my lifetime, almost 1/2 the lifetime of Kodachrome itself. Kodachrome is one of the most significant photographic products ever created. For over 50 years nothing else came close to it. It is absolutely the end of an era. It is a loss, and I am sad about it.

As others have said, no one is making you read this thread. If you can't understand, fine. But your comments and attitude only make it less likely that anything you say will be taken seriously. A little respect goes a long way. With a little more maturity maybe you will be able to see better why people have a need to talk about the passing of an iconic product, especially one that was so good it endured for 75 years. In this era of throwaway obsolescence, that is in itself something to commemorate.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    I'm curious what will happen to Dwayne's once their Kodachrome business is gone. They'll be just another e6 and c41 lab now.
    Maybe the disc & 126 business will keep them going. Given the way the E-6 business is going, maybe they'll be the last for that, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    got these factoids from a cbc.ca article. wonder how many rolls this actually translates to....

"In the last couple of days, we've got 500 packages from Federal Express, 250 from UPS, and probably 18 to 20 bags of mail from the post office."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...#ixzz19e3PFA5R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Maybe the disc & 126 business will keep them going. Given the way the E-6 business is going, maybe they'll be the last for that, too.
    The Times piece said that much of their business is digital but the less said about that the better. They still process movie film and that isn't so common so I think I'll be using them in the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin