Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,949   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with op. I do use other brands of film, Kodak was/is great.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for Portra and Ektar 100, truly great stuff.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kodak and the whole Eastman conglomerate has brought around such large scale advances of such a long period of time that we owe them a debt of gratitude for our passion for photography.

That being said, it is, unfortunately time for some of us to move on as well.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Does S0-339 have a street name?
    KODAK PROFESSIONAL Direct Positive B/W Duplicating Film SO-339

A truly Astonishing product! Im so glad we are all getting together and
    giving kodak some love!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Rest In Peace, Kodak. Thanks for my 20,000 Kodachrome slides that still look like new. Thanks for the hundreds of rolls of B&W film and thousands of sheets of paper. Thanks for the technical publications over several decades. Now, Rest In Peace.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    I Love Kodak !

I Love Photography, Because Of Kodak Film.

I Love Ektar 100, And Looking Forward To Shooting Some Kodak Ektachrome This Year.

If you love Ektar (as do I), you certainly will love Ektachrome!
    "The photo is a thing in itself. And that's what still photography is all about." - Garry Winogrand

My Photography Blog
    My Flickr Photostream
    My Website
    My Street Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak product that I really love:
    - Kodak TMax 400 - my main film. 80% of everything I shoot in medium format is TMax 400. It is, by far, the most malleable film I know. By changing how I process the film I can get it to do many different things. Changing agitation will help me shape the curve to my liking.
    - Kodak TMax 100 and Plus-X - represents the rest of the b&w film I shoot in medium format. Both are lovely films that I enjoy a lot, especially with pinhole work.
    - Kodak Portra 400NC - pretty much my only medium format color film, and sadly discontinued. But instead of crying about it I will look forward to trying the new Portra 400.
    - Kodak Xtol - my main black and white developer. I use it as replenished and for everything with light hitting the surfaces I photograph directly, it is pretty much unbeatable in my opinion. An outstanding combination of sharpness, grain, acutance, and tonality that suits me perfectly.
    - Kodak HC-110 - my developer of choice for flatly lit scenes. This developer helps bring contrast back to flatly lit scenes in a splendid way. Love how long it stores and how versatile it is with its different dilutions and efficiency.

All in all I admire Kodak for a great many things they have invented, and somehow continue to put on the market. I am extremely grateful for the, in my mind, superior products you develop and produce.

- Thomas Bertilsson

Photographer and Kodak lover
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjuliano View Post
    If you love Ektar (as do I), you certainly will love Ektachrome!
    I wanted to love Ektachrome years ago.
    But, Kodachrome wasn't falling for that olde trick ...

Now, I'll have my chance !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The new Kodak Ektar 100 is about the best thing going in color negative film. If I shot more small format cameras, I'd like Kodak a lot more than I do - as it is, I'm peeved at what they're doing with the availability of Tmax 400 in anything bigger than 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak,

While others fiddled with screen-plates and tri-color cameras, you hired two musicians to develop the world's finest monopack. You revolutionized color printing with your wash-off relief system that evolved into the fabled dye-transfer technique, and well... that was pretty cool.

You made really only one good camera, the Retina, but with it you hailed the 35mm cannister and that deserves a round on me.

I thank you for your stifled and sterile pictures of attractive women dressed up as though they were 20 years older, all in an effort to convince me that I, a simple hobbyist, could probably convince women to pose in front of my camera, maybe even naked someday. (Think 50's Kodak catalogs).

You made those great "Kodak Handbooks" with examples of all your papers and a big stupid picture of a baby on Velour, Super Velour, Super Velourmax, Rippled Velour, and so on. Some examples in those books are now showing signs of improper fixation, but some are not!

Your name's for products are absolutely ridiculous, and you seem to reuse them over, and over, and over, and over again, as if clinging tightly to your beloved trademarks. I respect commitment. But with this tendecy, you have created a new vernacular where words like Ektar, Estar, Ekta-, Dektol, and Selectol-Soft flourish and yet give way just as effortlessly to robotic code like D-19, D-76, HC-110 and TMAX. I feel like an artist and a technician.

Kodak, don't go changing,

Sincerely,

Chris

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin