Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,470   Posts: 1,644,149   Online: 890

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    "Kodak Blues, my gawd!
    Kodak Blues.
    Kodak Blues, my gawd!
    Kodak Blues..." repeat a few times
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    "Kodak Blues, my gawd!
    Kodak Blues.
    Kodak Blues, my gawd!
    Kodak Blues..." repeat a few times
    Here Here. But its not just blue...its all the colours in the spectrum that kodak mastered. Brilliant Brilliant colours!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    But then the university darkroom I have been associated with in one form or another for the past 30+ years has always used Kodak chemicals -- the usual suspects, Dektol, D-76, Indicator Stop Bath, Rapid Fixer and HCA. Students are free to supply alternates for their own use. There was a shift from powder fixer to Rapid Fixer a long while back, but that's it until recently.

And it has also has been interesting noting the changes in brand and types of photopaper the students use over that period...the student supplies their own paper and we supply the above chemicals, a place to use them and plenty of time to do it.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I may not always shoot Kodak, but I can definitely say I hope I always can shoot Kodak. From Ektar to Ektachrome, from Porta to Plus-X, what is left to shoot is truly cherished. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Here Here. But its not just blue...its all the colours in the spectrum that kodak mastered. Brilliant Brilliant colours!
    Kodak, gave us the nice bright colors.
    They gave us the greens of summers.
    And, made us think all the world's a sunny day.

Oh Yeah !

Shooter
    Large Format
    And thank you for superb quality control. I've never found a flaw in a single product over many years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tri-X 400
    Super Gold 400
    D-76

They are my raison d'être.

I'd like to thank Kodak for being so cheap, even in Japan. Kodak film is available all over the place!
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for making what few products you have left good quality ones. Your extensive product line that gave us out-of-this-world creative control over our images by giving us a complete palette has gone down the toilet, but at least the quality of your few remaining products has not.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    oh yeah can't forget tri-x. 135 tri-x is the best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to Kodak, and my Dad's efforts there, as kids my brother and I were fed, clothed, entertained and to a great extent, educated.

And my parents (now in their 80s) enjoyed a third of a century of well remunerated working life, and since then a quarter century of happy and secure retirement.

And I've enjoyed a lifelong passion.

By buying Kodak's first rate products, I do what I can to show appreciation.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin