Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,670   Online: 1168

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Edmond View Post
    And thank you for superb quality control. I've never found a flaw in a single product over many years.
    Well, I can't say I've never found a flaw, but I can only remember one -- a batch of K-25 that had a decidely magenta cast to it.

Well, there was that bad batch of plates, too, that led to the discovery of the importance of sulphur to emulsion speed, but I didn't experience that one personally.

Not a bad record.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, this thread is a couple of months old but I just HAVE to speak up for the Kodak products I love(d):

* Panatomic-X- I fell in love with photography once I used this film;

* T-MAX 100 and 400- haven't tried version 2.0 yet since I'm still in low gear from a long absence from analog photography, but these two films are truly fantastic IMO;

* HC-110- for its crisp grain structure;

* Verichrome Pan- for its unique look and very wide exposure latitude.

There may be others buried in the memory cavern but these come to mind... Yessir, I have much to thank Kodak for.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm thankful for P3200TMZ and the recent price drop! It seems to be the only film which I perfectly expose every time (this is at night without a meter).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's hard to imagine photography without Kodak.

Kodachrome, Panatomic-X, Plus-X, T-Max 100, T-Max 400, T-Max P3200, Ektachrome 64.

Kodak darkroom chemistry D-76, HC-110, T-Max Developer, Photo-Flo, etc.

All of those Kodak papers that I learned to print with.

I have one of those red Kodak process timers that you have to wind-up (it has to be over 60 years old) and I still use it to develop film.

The Kodak Ektar 101mm and 105mm lenses in Kodak Flash Supermatic shutters for my 2x3 Pacemaker Crown Graphics and the 127mm Ektar for my 3x4 Speed Graphic.

I could go on.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An older thread, yes, but still important. When I started out in the mid 60's as a teenager there was hardly anything but Kodak. Sure, you could get Agfa and a few others but the camera store shelves were virtually YELLOW with quality Kodak products at very good prices.
    Verichrome pan was the film I started with in a 126 Instamatic camera. Tri-x was my favorite when I got my Exakta a year later. I still use Plus-X, Tri-X and D-76 as the main ingredients for my photographic pursuits.
    I do miss Plus-X in 4x5 and the demise of Kodak printing paper still hurts but at least most of us had the chance to experience those fine products and others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nearly everything I used photographically from day one in the early 60's, until the late 80's, came in a yellow box, or had a yellow label. I never really diversified until the 90's, and still look for yellow first before reaching for any other.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I must admit I was never a great Kodachrome fan, but I love Kodak Portra in all it's incarnations to bits.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great innovators, great products, great QC, great R&D and everyone I ever met in KODAK ( UK or further afield ) I liked...and a tough and fair competitor

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My Kodak Moments

I know it's been said before in this thread but these are my "firsts":
    First camera: Kodak Brownie
    First film shot and processed--Verichrome Pan
    First Developer: D-76
    First Paper: Kodabromide (remember that?)
    First "real" film used: Tri-X
    Only ultra fine grain ever used: Panatomic X
    First (and only) paper developer: Dektol
    ... and the list goes on. Kodak was the company that got most of us started down this photography path, through it's products and publications. Does anyone still remember that massive Kodak display and trade show almost permanently embedded in the second floor Grand Central Station in NYC?
    Thanks again Kodak!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, VP is real film!!! Still have some and some Panatomic-X to shoot... Great in HC-110.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin