Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 787

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Technical Pan anyone?

I was an avid user of Tech Pan developing it in Technidol Liquid. My was the grain ultra fine! I really miss the stuff. I hear that someone else is making it now, though. I also loved Elite paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    hmmmmmm,

yes, we luv you. now sell your film division and go away...

thanks for the past..

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    OK so we all need a little bit of love and as a small business owner I know how much a bit of positive feedback can make me feel like everything I am doing means something and is worth while.

Recently I have felt kodak has been coming under fire and that it might not be feeling very loved. So this thread is for all of us to say something positive about kodak.

I would like to thank Kodak for all their research and development which has delivered us unsurpassed analog products for the past century. Your hard work
    has helped other analog photographic companies improve their products.
    Your products have and continue to make wonderful images. Especially big thanks
    for making EIR and HIE two of my personal favorite films and also Bravo on
    the creation of product S0-339 !!!

I know it might be a hard time to be in the photographic industry and that sometimes in the heat of the moment people may say mean things about you. But you have given us all so much and we do appreciate it.

Love

~Frizza

So that's my thoughts I encourage you all to take a moment and reflect on the awesomeness of kodaks achievement and give them some of the warm fuzzy love we have all been holding back on for so long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    hmmmmmm,

yes, we luv you. now sell your film division and go away...

thanks for the past..
    And when you do, sell it to someone who not only cares but also continues research and production. Not to accountants and lawyers who only care about their salary incentives!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    And when you do, sell it to someone who not only cares but also continues research and production. Not to accountants and lawyers who only care about their salary incentives!
    Heard something on the radio this morning that was interesting. Suggested that fixing the system was easy. Essentially no more company stock for managers, period.

The premise was essentially that paying managers with stock, is like having athletes bet on the games they play in. Simply a perverse incentive.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Heard something on the radio this morning that was interesting. Suggested that fixing the system was easy. Essentially no more company stock for managers, period.

The premise was essentially that paying managers with stock, is like having athletes bet on the games they play in. Simply a perverse incentive.
    Hmm, but they're just playing the same game the board of directors and shareholders want them to play!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd like to thank Kodak for Tri-x. Amazing stuff. Please don't ever discontinue it!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One point that was made was that the stock incentive is that the managers incentive is to get in (bet), make a bunch quick (fix the game) and sell out before it blows up in their face.

This gaming of the system isn't in the interest of the stockholders or board or anyone else.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    One point that was made was that the stock incentive is that the managers incentive is to get in (bet), make a bunch quick (fix the game) and sell out before it blows up in their face.

This gaming of the system isn't in the interest of the stockholders or board or anyone else.
    That sounds like insider trading... anytime managers know something that no one else outside the company knows, they aren't allowed to trade. I know, I'm a manager and am considered senior insider where I work and I'm often in blackout from trading. Gaming the system wouldn't work for me unless I cheated and broke the law.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I'd like to thank Kodak for Tri-x. Amazing stuff. Please don't ever discontinue it!!!
    It is like butter. It bears about zero resemblance to its "classic" former self; it is incredibly low in grain even in 8x enlargements. However, it is a great film! THANKS, KODAK!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    That sounds like insider trading... anytime managers know something that no one else outside the company knows, they aren't allowed to trade. I know, I'm a manager and am considered senior insider where I work and I'm often in blackout from trading. Gaming the system wouldn't work for me unless I cheated and broke the law.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/bu...2_apr_11.shtml

That's a link to the summary.

And the radio interview. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00fvjym

Don't know how long that link will work.
    Last edited by markbarendt; 04-03-2011 at 10:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added link

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin