- I think Portra is an excellent film. Has the best skin tones that I've ever seen. It's fabulous for shooting weddings or portraits.
- I still shoot a lot of Tri-X and the reformulate TMax 100. I shoot Ektachrome when I think of it.
- I try to shoot as little Fuji film (color or b/w) as possible.
- I like Ilford Pan F and FP4 but am not a fan of HP5.
- I shoot lots of Adox, Rollei and Maco films, particularly the Rollei infrared.
- I hope that Kodak figures out what its future in film will be. I think it's near that point now.
Just to weigh in,
I tried Fuji's color film but didn't like it, really. If I'm going to buy color film, it's going to be made by Kodak from now on.
Black and white film has a LOT of manufacturers, so I'm still trying to get a feel for all of them. I like Ilford's offerings very much though. Regardless, I nearly always use a Kodak developer, either HC-110 or my new favorite, XTOL.