Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,575   Online: 655

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    If we have B&W emulsions and filters then worse comes to worst we can still do color the hard way, three exposures...
    How can I learn how to do it?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosmccosta View Post
    Thanks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_p...olor_processes

Not in depth obviously but there are some good references.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosmccosta View Post
    Thanks
    There are many ways...

You can use screen-plates, like the Autochrome -> http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/7...utochrome.html

You can use a 1-shot camera -> http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/13776...65026459_3dDPF

Or you can take 3 separate exposures through 'color separation filters', Red, Green & Blue.

Or, you can play around with Lippmann photography -> http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/6...nn-plates.html

As you can tell, this too is an area of interest for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When my GF worked for Unique Photo here in New Jersey, she told me of times when people wanted FILM, but were disappointed when informed their desired selection was either discontinued by the manufacturer, or as on the case of Agfa, the manufacturer is defunct.

Dieter Zakas

Shooter
    35mm
    It's one thing to have film disappearing from supermarkets and the like... To have it not available from a specialty PHOTO store is a dis-service to that store's customers. I too have felt that sting locally here in Denver. I find it annoying to have a nice selection of B&W but next to no color at such stores as Wolf Camera. Seems they are more interested in selling prints or photo sessions than actually selling customers the means to make those prints. Oh well. I have a few places to get things done locally. I won't start to worry until they start to go away as well.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    If we have B&W emulsions and filters then worse comes to worst we can still do color the hard way, three exposures...

The Chinese film will be around for a long time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well you might have seen this but I though it is interesting..

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...ortra-160-film

Come on now guys film would be around for a long time..You guys was on to me when I posted a thread a while ago is film dying?

After some deep thinking I believe it will be around for a long time. I mean there is always rumors and such. I was a staffer for a newspaper and the fear was that newspapers would soon be gone because of the internet. True some have closed but the ones dedicated to community journalism will still be around and so does film. I mean Kodak is a huge company and in it for the money. What I would like to see from the film companies is to push and advertise film a bit more..Not that the public does not know film is here but to make it more appealing, etc..Maybe come up with a portable darkroom for starters or something to attract people in it

Take it from this site with 41K members if we all decide on a film company we can have them stick around with just us buying film...I think...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    "...the NFL Films shoots...about 23 miles of film every week during the football season. They are the largest purchasers of Kodak film in the world".

That's 37 kilometres of film every week, which is a fair bit.

Any comments on that information?

Mick.
    We need more football games?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin