Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,662   Online: 833

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Because regardless of the money spent, film ads do not change the sales numbers. That is why Kodak stopped sponsoring the Olympics.

Steve

at least the general public would realize they can still get film
    instead of being told by know-it-alls at camera stores that film is no longer available.
    Last edited by jnanian; 05-01-2011 at 04:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A 14% drop in revenue vs a much larger rise in costs should equal more sales volume then previously.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

it's about money..

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Longmore View Post

And at Kodak.Com, it's somewhat difficult to find film on their site ...

I tried to e-mail Kodak via their web site years ago, and the only place I could find an e-mail address was "investor relations".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh no must buy PE's emulsion book soon....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nobody would seriously consider Kodak to be anywhere near the big, very successful player it once was; it is sinking further and further with each passing year into a quagmire — an almost spent force. Digital changed everything, tipping the world on its ear and making every wannabe photographer a pro if he has a digital do-it-all in his hands. Other marques took off, but not Kodak. Reading through EOS magazines from 1992, Kodak was behind the DCS digital capture cameras of that era (such as EOS), but obviously never caught up with others with more cash, zeal and research nous.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Slightly off subject but reply to last post. I used to buy all of my film and now digital gear at our local camera shop, because I liked the shop and the next nearest one where I could buy pro-film was 80 miles away.

I am sad now they sell "instant studio" light and background kits, and rent $3000 dslr and dslr lenses to the weekend part-time pro wedding, and portrait shooters that don't collect sales tax, but are happy to write everything off on the 1040 c and d forms.

The world is a cut throat mess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    Oh no must buy PE's emulsion book soon....
    Well, the DVDs are done and ready for review by my friends (they will be honest with me) and the book is nearing completion.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    The world is a cut throat mess.
    word

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    A 14% drop in revenue vs a much larger rise in costs should equal more sales volume then previously.
    I would like if it were like this, but unfortunately it is not.

Revenue is just price * volume sold. If prices had fallen more than 14%, and revenue slipped "only" 14%, that would have meant a volume increase.

profit is related to costs, revenue is not.

We don't have the profit picture, the revenue picture is certainly gloomy.

My opinion is that things might change dramatically when the crises ends. We are in the worst world economic crises of the last 80 years or so. Film at the moment is quite a discretionary spending. Photography, also professional photography, is bound to suffer in times of crises.

I hope Kodak and the others have financial breath long enough to arrive at the end of the tunnel. I would bet on a resurgence of film after that.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    From WSJ:

(...) Kodak said revenue from its film business fell 14% to $367 million, hurt by increased raw material costs as the price of silver and aluminum has skyrocketed in recent months.
    Silver, that's clear, check. Question: Aluminum? (Or, as I would spell it: Aluminium?)
    As a raw material for film? What, where, how?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin