Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,002   Online: 829

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best description of it is right from Ng. Here is his paper from 2005, he explains it all in detail and is a lot easer to understand than the Wikepidia link on light fields. At the time the microlens array produced an 85 Kilopixel (0.085 megapixel) image.

http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/...era-150dpi.pdf

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    That will probably make you feel better..
    It did, but I did not get it chopped up. It kept starting on fire and it is real hard to use a cutting torch or plasma cutter when you have a water hose in the other hand.

It also helps to remember that you had called the cops to inspect a different abandoned vehicle. been an interesting day.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link ic. I understand that this Ng guy was some kind of wunderkind. How do you pronounce Ng by the way?

Mark, I can only imagine what you're doing when you log off...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quite amazing... they are going to make a lot of money licensing this tech out to any company which uses or sells optics.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can\'t wait to slap one of these lenses on my Perkeo!
    Last edited by 36cm2; 06-24-2011 at 08:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    How do you pronounce Ng by the way?
    I knew a guy with that last name who we called "ANG" (like BANG) and he would respond to us. He did not like "EN-GEE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a problem focusing, I always get off the wrong excit on the highway!

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Also, see the integral imaging thread here if you wanna get all analog on this mother.[/QUOTE]

I can"t find the "integral imaging" thread. Is it on this forum? Is there another name for the thread?. I wana read about the analog aspects. I don't like pixals replacing grain. I don't like spam! And I don't like "cheese product" replacing chees! And I don' like the latest news from China, about synthetic steak made from human excriment!,
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here you go Wild Bill...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/8...otography.html

I would love to make analog integral images. In theory it's quite simple, but there are also a number of caveats. However, someone with a sheet of film and a fly's eye array could make 3D images in that way. However, they would be pseudoscopic.

Another option is coating a plate or sheet of film with retro-reflective beads. These will act in a similar way to the fly's eye array.

Lenticular prints are another related method that might be easier in many respects.

Thee book to check out is Takanori Okoshi's "Three-Dimensional Imaging Techniques".
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Holmburgers,
    This will be an intresting read, I am sure. But,as you can see from my latest thread on the Silver-gelatin thread, I have plenty to do already. So many things I wanna do, but only one pair of hands.... At lest I am not one of those " late middle aged" guys who can't think of anything to do.
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin