Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,930   Online: 1200

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    I bought some shares, and I will get some more on Friday if the price holds at this level. A major fund dropping a company that is showing a profit is a long term small investors dream.
    Maybe...though a low share price doesn't always equate to a bargain, and major funds don't usually drop an investment without a reason. They usually have access to investment research and analysis way beyond that available to the individual small investor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Dumb me! I thought he was talking about the Bloomberg article! That felt like I was using a hand full of razor blades to wipe my @$$!
    Yikes! DIY hemorrhoidectomy (and DIY vasectomy if you're not careful).
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Maybe...though a low share price doesn't always equate to a bargain, and major funds don't usually drop an investment without a reason. They usually have access to investment research and analysis way beyond that available to the individual small investor.
    That may be but, I'm up over 4% on the day, I could sell and get back the vig plus put a few bucks in my pocket, but I think I will ride this train for a while and see where it goes. It's not like I bought a million dollars worth of stock, just enough to say I have some.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    That may be but, I'm up over 4% on the day, I could sell and get back the vig plus put a few bucks in my pocket, but I think I will ride this train for a while and see where it goes. It's not like I bought a million dollars worth of stock, just enough to say I have some.
    Fair enough, there's no easy rule. I think that a likely investor needs to forget all preconceptions of what Kodak used to be, and where it all went wrong so far. Then look at its current prospects as a business in the area(s) it is now operating, and the likelihood of success and profitability in these fields in the present world economy and at this time.

It is probably too early to know whether a 4% bounce on one day is just a reaction to a too-low price on one day or the state of a trend.

(IDK...if I did, I be a millionaire. )

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    To Hell with KODAK! Visit www.thelightfarm.com and learn how to make your own film. You don' need no big companies to wipe your nose for you.
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin