Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,997   Online: 1157

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @btaylor - Yes, KODAK Motion Picture Film channel on Youtube got some other great videos!
    btw: in Europe, motion film is strong. It looks like they are trying first to rip-off the US with dig†it†all™ projectors. Not that recently there are some good movies worth going to...lol
    @Gerald C Koch - glad You liked it, I though the same as You, so, lets hope more people get to see this video.
    @tomalophicon - have some faith, its obvious they are pushing it. Those who are feminine might open their legs for the new slack.
    @AlbertZeroK - Same here!
    @BetterSense - lets hope there is part 2, the vid was posted last week, so there might be part 2.
    @Aristophanes - intelligent comments on Youtube? I liked the joke
    @semi-ambivalent - there is no such thing as 25M+ pixels - its all marketing fluffy. The average consumer, in his own mind.. is invincible, so they fall for everything...lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KODAK Motion Picture Film Youtube channel is something new, from Feb 2011 but its full of great stuff
    I am not sure if You guys have seen the Oscars report called Digital Dilemma.
    heres a link to the pdf http://www.artmob.ca/files/pdf-stc_digital_dilemma.pdf
    The pdf can also be downloaded from the Oscars website but You need a registration, so here You have it a click away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like that video, good information!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fascinating, it makes me even less interested in buying digital equipment than I was alrerady.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Excellent video.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice video but, as far as I know, there is a yellow filter between the blue layer(s) and the underlying layer(s) so saying that there are no filters in a film is probably not correct. Anybody can confirm or deny?

It's interesting to see that Kodak remembers they are a film producers and they need to bring people to film.

I think the speaker says that film is going to go away because Kodak doesn't want to appear to investors as relying on film for its future.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    I think an interesting point one of the speakers made was digital's succeptability (sp!) to file format changes. My very nerd co-workers dismiss this with a casual 'just copy it over' as if that solves everything. But how many people can even read a 5 1/4" floppy? It's not just the format but the devices to mount, copy and store. 5 1/4" floppies aren't even that old if you look at time as I was raised to look at it. People lose really important stuff all the time, even when they *know* they should make backups. (And yes, I know about that 15 year old file you have on the IBM-pc2 you have in your basement. I also know about the thousands of new disks that fail every year in Google's clusters.)
    take a look at this http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4836569.shtml

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fabrizio, I was not sure about the filters either.
    Bruce, thats a good one, I have it in my bookmarks back then in 2009
    This one is part 1 of 9 and in good spirit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes,
    that CBSnews vid is rather lame but it brings up important issues that cannot be ignored.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This one is pretty funny too:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin