Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,665   Online: 809

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Obtaining negatives from Elegante Wedding Photography, former Kodak franchise

Hi

Back in 2002, before I was a serious photographer, I got married and used Elegante Wedding Photography (a Kodak franchise, I gather) to shoot our wedding.

When we ordered, they said they keep the negatives 'forever'. To be fair, we ordered the prints two years after we got married. In fairness, the pictures were fantastic. Anyway, they went bust in 2006 - I gather they were considered to be a bit of a plague in the wedding photography industry.

Anyway, my wife and I want to have one of the prints enlarged, nearly 10 years later!

Though the print looks great, and is a 10" x 8", knowing what I know now, I'd rather have an enlargement done from the negative.

Does anyone know if the negatives of weddings shot by Elegante Wedding Photography will still be available today? If so, from whom?

Many thanks

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hold the phone!

I called Kodak Head Office on 01442 261122 and they were familiar with the issue and put me through to a very helpful chap called Chris Mayo at Kodak Ltd, Boundary Way, Hemel hempstead, HP2 7YU (01442 846674). They have all the negatives from Elegante Wedding Photography and for a £25 admin fee, they will retrieve the negatives from their massive archive and sign them over to me so I can have my own prints produced from my own lab whenever I want!

Fantastic and very unexpected news. I thought I'd post this for anyone else who seeks their old negatives if they were photographed by that particular Kodak franchise.
    Ted Smith Photography

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Great outcome there.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is good news. Unfortunate abbreviation of this thread's title in the forum, though: "Obtaining negatives from the now bust Kodak"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is great news indeed. If only life were that easy for everything else.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Amazing. That's what you call a "thinking ahead customer oriented policy" Great news.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    That is good news. Unfortunate abbreviation of this thread's title in the forum, though: "Obtaining negatives from the now bust Kodak"
    Possibly moderators could change the thread title to "Obtaining negatives from Elegante Wedding Photography (former Kodak franchisee, now out of business)"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't honestly believe that is the title I used! I don't doubt it, but blimey. My apologies Kodak! Didn't mean to phrase it like that.
    Ted Smith Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news. Certainly more than I would have expected in the situation! Sometimes people surprise me...
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have just Googled the term again, and this thread now ranks 5th. So good news for any potential customers of the franchise. This is a thread I wish I had found when I was enquiring initially.

Incidentally, Google also shows the previous title, which was "Obtaining negatives from the now bust Kodak franchise, Elegante Wedding Photography". Not "Obtaining negatives from the now bust Kodak". So the rephrased title, whilst better, is not so far removed from what I put originally, which was not that mis-leading in my opinion. I did wonder...
    Ted Smith Photography

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin