Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,169   Online: 1042

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Way cool! Finally got to see this today after an afternoon of maintenance and cleaning in the darkroom.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Whoooeee! FB'd this and emailed to 2 camera clubs. Yessir!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Snifff.
    Damn you William Shockley and Gerald Pearson! (I really don't want them to burn and gnash their teeth)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    This was a real pleasure to watch. I especially appreciated how intelligently done it was -- not pandering, not dumbing it down. Sorry to my American friends, but this could only have been done by the European service...the domestic CNN service would have stupid'd it up a lot more. (and probably added a celebrity who pretends to shoot film, or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Agree totally. Suspect Atlanta CNN would have focused on aspects of film photography that emphasized its demise or "drawbacks" instead of its strengths and value as a valid media.
    Before everybody jumps to wrong conclusion, ... well, now that they've jumped to the wrong conclusion, ...

The video was made by Cubie King, Editor/Producer at CNN New York Bureau and his collaborator Carlos Martinell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A pleasure and a treat. Thanks!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Very interesting video. Reposted it on my facebook page.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Monito View Post
    Before everybody jumps to wrong conclusion, ... well, now that they've jumped to the wrong conclusion, ...

The video was made by Cubie King, Editor/Producer at CNN New York Bureau and his collaborator Carlos Martinell.
    Note I said Atlanta, Monito. Knew people at CNN/New York--always way ahead of the Atlanta crew.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Note I said Atlanta, Monito. Knew people at CNN/New York--always way ahead of the Atlanta crew.
    It's ok. Note that Colin Corneau said "Europe", CGW, and you said you agreed, "totally". I wasn't trying call anyone out specifically to make an example of them; just correcting the impression that anything good has to be European and not US.
    Last edited by Monito; 08-31-2011 at 05:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "just correcting the impression that anything good has to be European..."

Or Canadian 8^)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just discovered it some hours ago surfing the web and wanted to start a thread to share it with you, but of course I'm late! Great video. Loved to hear Erwitt talking about curiosity. He's so right.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin