Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,664   Online: 847

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    very cool, thanks!

from the article, and the nice infograms on the wiki, it seems that they just tossed the camera body after the 60day period?

The links indicated that there were ~100 missions, thats a lot of tossed cameras lol! Would be so neat to find one in someones back yard.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    In astronomy a rough formula for computing resolution (usually taken as the ability to separate a pair of stars) is: resolution in arc-seconds = 4.57/aperture in inches. If I take the spacecraft height to be a minimum of 200 miles (that's probably the lowest), the resolution is .059 arc-seconds which equates to (if I did my math right) a resolution just under 4". It's hard to imagine this could be achieved looking through the earth's atmosphere....the same problem as astronomers have looking in the opposite direction. Nothing classified about that formula. The constant of 4.57, IIRC, has wavelength folded into it....yellow I think.

Jerry W
    Warrenton, VA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin