Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1057

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by artonpaper View Post
    It seems that Kodak went from a photographic company that cared about its products, customers, and employees, to just another corporate entity that cared for little more than the bottom line. Their films have been my favorites, but I'll survive without them. Berrger and Efke, assuming they survive make OK films, preferable to Ilford's, IMHO.
    That's a bit harsh and simplistic, IMHO. I've been the first to criticise Kodak in the last couple of years, but, with the further knowledge and information, I think that it's become obvious that the problem is a loss of direction at the top rather than a deliberate change in attitude by the rest of the company.

I don't know Berrger products, but I've used Efke and, while they make interesting films which are useful at times for artistic and particular "old-fashioned" effects, I always go back to Ilford and Kodak for consistent and reliable "modern" quality. (For some reason, I also never quite seem to be able to settle comfortably with Fuji films. No doubt down to my preferences and way of working than any question of "better or worse films".)
    Last edited by railwayman3; 10-19-2011 at 05:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice scenery. Thanks.

PE

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Kodak Canada ruins weren't as picturesque:

http://www.blogto.com/city/2009/07/t...kodak_heights/

Shooter
    35mm
    On the subject of lakes but nothing to do with Kodak, is it true that to this day there is a Lake Agfa in NY state somewhere close to Binghampton? I thought I read somewhere that it was developed as a recreation reserve for employees of Ansco when that company was owned by Agfa/IG Farben and before the US government seized it as an enemy asset during WW2. OzJohn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak tries again...

Kodak Wants to Print Your Facebook Pictures for Free
    By Zachary Sniderman, Mashable, via Yahoo! News, October 21, 2011

"Kodak's promotion, which runs until Oct. 23, is also part of the legendary photo company's attempt to stay relevant in the digital era."

Not sure that free is going to help. Not sure their target demographic would accept anything less. If you think about it, that really does sum up the dilemma.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin