Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,839   Online: 784

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I could probably do with ISO 100 and a really fast one, like Ilford 3200. One would have to learn how to push and pull though.

Black and white will remain for decades, colour, not so sure, so let's hope that a small versatile and inexpensive digital camera is developed eventually. A cheap Leica 9, or something similar to Nikon FM.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think B&W is not a problem, lots of choice there, colour is a slight problem if Kodak goes away, I'm not convinced Fujifilm make a true alternative to Ektar or Portra. However, if Kodak did stop producing (I don't think they will), that's going to throw a lot of business their way and maybe they'll capitalise on that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Fuji produces remarkable colour film and black and white film.
    We're all good.
    They produce good transparency film though now that they've stopped making Astia there's no substitute for E100G.

But I don't like their color neg films much and, even if I did, they don't make them in sheets anymore. Those of us who shoot LF would sorely miss Kodak color neg.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    They produce good transparency film though now that they've stopped making Astia there's no substitute for E100G.

But I don't like their color neg films much and, even if I did, they don't make them in sheets anymore. Those of us who shoot LF would sorely miss Kodak color neg.
    Wow, I didn't know that about sheet film.
    Has there been verification from Fuji that this is true?

jun

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    At least in Japan Fuji still makes and sales Color Neg sheet film (160NS) even in 8 X 10 size.
    However, in your country, I don't know whether it is available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pro 160NS is, I think, still made and available in 4x5 in Japan but I don't know of any source for it here.

http://translate.google.com/translat...lead_0129.html

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Interesting.
    The Australian Fuji website says that 160NS is ONLY available in 4 by 5... Weird.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No 400? Been shooting HP5+ and Delta 400 for some time now, and FP4+ and Delta 3200 as they're available in the 120 sizes I use while Plus-X and TMZ are not. Ilford BW has been easier for me to get for some time now as small photo shops stopped carrying Kodak BW due to large minimum orders. Paper obviously Ilford for BW. Chems are easy to get from Ilford and work well.

Now, Kodak color I would really miss Ektar and new Portra. Reala 100 is nice however and I used to like NPH. Fuji cut paper is easier to get.

I'm sure I will adapt to whatever is left on the market. I hope there are enough of us left to at least keep a few players alive.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Film has got a LOOOONG future. In my opinion, if recording tape is still being produced today, then we have heaps and heaps of time left with film.
    In fact, I saw blank audio cassette tapes in my supermarket!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no two ways about it - Kodak seems to have very serious problems indeed. The main product range I am most concerned about is Portra - the new Portra films are very popular and have enticed numerous professionals to start shooting more film. The Fuji range does not even begin to compare - no 220, no 8x10, no 400 ASA in 4x5. Now, no 35mm 160S. And, good as the films are, the technology is older than Portra.

Maybe the best thing for Kodak would be some sort of restructuring.

It's on a different scale, but in 2003 it all looked like it was over for Ilford - but following the administration it was able to re-focus and has become a very successful company.

One question though - what is John Cleese doing on the board at Kodak?:

http://www.kodak.co.uk/ek/GB/en/News...p_J_Faraci.htm
    Last edited by Matt5791; 10-04-2011 at 11:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin