Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,052   Online: 964

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 36cm2 View Post
    Don't worry, in a few months they'll have a passing conversation with a savvy investor who'll show them some 4x5 chromes he produced with his rickety Tech III. They'll immediatley realize they've overpaid and underperformed. Isn't that what owning a Leica is all about? ;J Sorry Leicaphiles, I couldn't resist.

Leo

Well, as you know, it's never about the camera but the photographer. Having said that, the guy with a Leica and some nice Leica glass will always take better pictures simply because he's much more likely to have his camera with him when something good happens. 4x5 chromes...yeah, I bet plenty of great, fleeting moments are caught on those. Sorry, I couldn't resist

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aaaah, but those impromptu portraits of the local glaciers just can't be beat. .

In all honesty, i'm just happy to see someone putting money into a classic brand that's so historically rooted in film photography. All the more so in the backdrop of the death throes of Kodak as we know it.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=daleeman;1251387
    Hopefully my doom and gloom attitude is completely wrong, and Leica stays elite and continues to make superior equipment.[/QUOTE]. .

I also hope Leica does not divert from its philosophy of superior quality. Sadly, in a world of short term thinking and "instant everything", the appreciation of true quality is likely to rest with a knowledgeble minority.

Proverb worth repeating in the circumstances: "The feeling of bitterness over a poor quality product, remains long after the sweetness of a bargain price has been forgotten."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin