Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,600   Online: 885

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll check it out then, thanks.

It may be another show as my information relates to there being no Fuji booth.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes View Post
    Nope, Fuji is there with the biggest announcement in the industry:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/st...ro1/52471364/1
    Wow!

It's buzz-worthy!
    It's a bold new move!
    It has a new mount! AKA: Your current lenses won't work! AND there's no zoom yet so buy all three primes!
    It has a stylish, retro metal chassis that's rangefinder-ish, so people will think you bought a Leica!
    It's thousands of dollars cheaper than a Leica, so you can get it RIGHT! NOW! (while you save up money for that Leica you really want.)

Once the industry realized Joe Blow really would buy a $5k camera the Prosumer niche was born and the floodgates opened. This bodes well for all used-market buyers: Analog and digital alike.

s-a

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes View Post
    Nope, Fuji is there with the biggest announcement in the industry:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/st...ro1/52471364/1
    I don't get it. You can buy for $/E 1700 a pretty recently CLAed Leica, throw in a couple of excellent Voigtlander lenses and still have money for lots of film. And by the way, that $1700 piece of gear will become obsolete in a few years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, this new line of Fuji digital cameras are kind of attractive. Some of them actually offer a dial that lets you manually set an aperture!

Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to correct myself.

Fuji will not be represented at the PPA convention, but Kodak will. Also, there is some doubt if Fuji will be present at the Wedding Photographers Meeting later this year.

I am still researching this, but the first absence of Fuji from the PPA is the major item here. (If correct)

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is a shame someone could not come out with something like this that would allow to dump the guts and insert either a digital or film system so the camera could be digital or film. I applaud the company for concentrating on prime lenses first; something I wish all would do. Rather than kits with zooms, sell the camera body with a decent prime and maybe would not grow up not knowing how a lens can work as well as basic control usage as well as composition.

While the projected price is not inexpensive, it is not all that bad considering it is not much more than an upper crust dslr. Especially, if the prime lenses are decent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can do that with some MF and LF cameras.

Just change backs.

PE

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    Wow!

It's buzz-worthy!
    It's a bold new move!
    It has a new mount! AKA: Your current lenses won't work! AND there's no zoom yet so buy all three primes!
    It has a stylish, retro metal chassis that's rangefinder-ish, so people will think you bought a Leica!
    It's thousands of dollars cheaper than a Leica, so you can get it RIGHT! NOW! (while you save up money for that Leica you really want.)

Once the industry realized Joe Blow really would buy a $5k camera the Prosumer niche was born and the floodgates opened. This bodes well for all used-market buyers: Analog and digital alike.

s-a
    Best part here is how it's not exactly the first mirror-less rangefinder to ever appear. :-)

That being said, for every person who's come up to me asking me "what X (digital) camera should I buy?" I always recommend them the Fuji X100. These are of course not "real" or hard-core photographers who I would always just recommend a Leica or Nikon F series by default.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An interesting read about Rochester.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/03/op...me&ref=general

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Article about Kodak, Rochester and .... Robert Shanebrook

Here is an english translation of an article published in the German magazine Der Spiegel in January.

I can't post links yet, so please do a google search for:

'How Kodak Succumbed to the Digital Age'

Maybe somebody else can add the link.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin