Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,932   Online: 874

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    With one of the major US political parties believing that we still have too much regulation, even after 30 years of eliminating and/or not enforcing what we had, expect it to get much, much worse before it gets better. The game is rigged. The modern corporate culture is such that upper management gets rich and everything else be damned.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alanrockwood View Post
    Not directly related to Kodak, but related to corporate culture in general...
    "Just win, baby..."

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two resign from Kodak board; represented KKR
    Reuters, via Yahoo! News, December 27, 2011

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    With one of the major US political parties believing that we still have too much regulation, even after 30 years of eliminating and/or not enforcing what we had, expect it to get much, much worse before it gets better. The game is rigged. The modern corporate culture is such that upper management gets rich and everything else be damned.

Ed
    Lets keep the poltics out of this. But as a parting note read this http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...containing-re/

This is just the list of changes, not the laws themselves. If you run a business you need to keep up with these changes. It is not limited to any one party and it is killing the country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Third Kodak director resigns in a week
    Reuters, via Yahoo! News, December 30, 2011

Ken

Gim

Quote Originally Posted by lensman_nh View Post
    Lets keep the poltics out of this. But as a parting note read this http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...containing-re/

This is just the list of changes, not the laws themselves. If you run a business you need to keep up with these changes. It is not limited to any one party and it is killing the country.
    25 years or so ago I subscribed to the Federal Register and from what I have read from the above, not much has changed. It documents every change. or whim, as the wind blows and most just check the section that pertains to their business interest. In my spare time I would check other areas and get completely lost in what the hell is going on. Every section has it's expertise and to look at the whole can be very confusing.

Reminds me of my first trip to DC and on the cab ride in from National (before Regan National) I looked at the beautiful old buildings and remarked that this is the biggest bureaucracy in the world...and it was impressive.

I guess my point is...the bureaucracy will keep rolling on, regardless of which party is in power, and there is not much we can do about it. Keep a sense of humor and vote your best.

P.S. Don't drink and type

Best,
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak in danger of shares being delisted from NYSE
    Associated Press, via Yahoo! News, January 3, 2012

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re above: I believe I hear the fat lady warming up offstage...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Stock is down 27% as of now...

WSJ "Kodak Preparing for Chapter 11 Filing"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...o&mod=yahoo_hs
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, closed at 47¢ a share, this is going from bad to worse....fast...

Just ordered enough Tmax developer to cover my film needs. It's anyone's guess if the film part of Kodak will survive this or not...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin