Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,390   Online: 659

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I wouldn't trust them for long. Right now on Kodak's Pro site they are still advertising the advantages
    of Ektar film for pros because it is available in 8X10 sheets; at the same time they announcing its
    discontinuance in this very size on another page. A very fickle company indeed. They did the same
    thing with their flagship TMY 400 film. Good thing I've got a film freezer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    One caveat from my old Econ professor;
    "Marketing is bullshit" He started each semester with that being his opening statement (usually after asking unsuspecting advertising/marketing majors to raise their hands).

Without demand for a product it's all fluff. I do suspect there will still be demand, but what do I know?
    Plenty of demand for MP film. Even when just little old me shoots a total POS, I'll still go through over 100,000 feet of the stuff.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    A new paper too, great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I wouldn't trust them for long. Right now on Kodak's Pro site they are still advertising the advantages
    of Ektar film for pros because it is available in 8X10 sheets; at the same time they announcing its
    discontinuance in this very size on another page. A very fickle company indeed. They did the same
    thing with their flagship TMY 400 film. Good thing I've got a film freezer.
    I think the single roll packing of TMY120 has been discontinued and changed to package of 5 rolls insteads......am I correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Vision motion picture films are outstanding. I've used Vision 2 in Super 8 and 16mm. I'd expect Vision 3 50D to be a wonderful stock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    If Kodak offered a poster I'd buy it.
    If Kodak were being run by The Impossible Project they would be...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Great to here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Plenty of demand for MP film. Even when just little old me shoots a total POS, I'll still go through over 100,000 feet of the stuff.
    Funny, my impression of you was that you were neither old nor little.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    The Vision motion picture films are outstanding. I've used Vision 2 in Super 8 and 16mm. I'd expect Vision 3 50D to be a wonderful stock.
    When they brought the new Portras to market, they mentioned specifically that it was based on Kodak's new Vision 3 technology. If they bring out new movie film stock, there is a good chance that the innovations that went into it will benefit us still shooters sooner or later, without us having to remove remjet backings.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin