Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,101   Online: 867

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelyboy View Post
    I think the single roll packing of TMY120 has been discontinued and changed to package of 5 rolls insteads......am I correct?
    Just like what they did to PX120 before they discontinued it completely...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Just like what they did to PX120 before they discontinued it completely...
    Oh yes, too sad that PX is discontinued.

But PX and TX were supposed to be discontinued in 80s when Kodak launched TMX and TMY.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    When they brought the new Portras to market, they mentioned specifically that it was based on Kodak's new Vision 3 technology.
    As I understand it, some of the Vision3 technology was based off of Vision2 50D.

In fact, the "sub-micron sensor" technology that created the super-small T-grains for the slow layer of 5219 was invented for the recent 50D 5201 stock.
    Here's what Kodak says about the sub-micron stuff:
    The sub-micron silver halide crystals enable detailed, discriminating capture of high exposure information and has made it possible to effectively increase the overexposure latitude of the VISION3 films by two stops while simultaneously improving the S/N in the high exposure areas.
    They also talk a lot about enhanced performance with scanning, which was certainly mentioned in the new Portra and Ektar releases.

Very cool. I got to shoot a little bit of Vision2 50D about a year ago and it was beautiful stuff. I can only imagine how nice this stuff is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't see how that new cinema film will benefit photographers who use 120 black and white film.....but any new stuff is good I guess.

As Kodak has been killing (and keeps killing) off various product lines of photographic film, my bet is that Kodak is probably not producing much of anything in 5 years.
    Sad and silly (downsizing the product line would be smarter), but I have no confidence in Kodak....
    I am no fan of TMax, which seem to be their "last" bw film, that film is now sold in pro-packs _only_, seems like the typical first step towards being discontinued.

As long as Kodak doesn't come out and reassure the customers that they will be sticking to this for a long, time, I will not buy into Kodak either, sorry, but there you have it. (no point learning to know a film on it's way out).
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    Sad and silly (downsizing the product line would be smarter), but I have no confidence in Kodak....
    I am no fan of TMax, which seem to be their "last" bw film, that film is now sold in pro-packs _only_, seems like the typical first step towards being discontinued.
    Actually, they've been selling 120 Portra in pro packs only for a couple years now. And a bit more recently, they did the same with 35mm. It only makes sense to me. Most of the big retailers will split up pro packs and sell individual rolls anyway.

Oh, and discontinuing some of these films IS downsizing the product line. Maybe I misunderstand you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I meant by downsizing, was to move the whole production into smaller factories with fewer people, apparently they don't need the behemoth monster factories any more.

Wages and cost of material are usually the most expensive stuff. Heck, even efke and foma manages to push out films to the marked, so shipping and packaging can't be the most costly thing in the production.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Didn't they demolish lots of their buildings, remove company presence in lots of countries, and sack loads of staff? In my opinion that's downsizing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice to see any new product out there. I like the line "....digital age and well beyond." like they are seeing a post digital future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How does any MF photographer not worth his/her salt inconvenienced with 5 roll boxes??/
    My local store will sell partial boxes anyway... have been for years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanx!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin