Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,451   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably a reasonable move to keep their other interests healthier. Good for film business I believe. I'm sure they negotiated a great supplier contract with the sale.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John R. View Post
    Probably a reasonable move to keep their other interests healthier. Good for film business I believe. I'm sure they negotiated a great supplier contract with the sale.
    yup now they sold the cow and get the milk for half price

Shooter
    Large Format
    We had to see this coming. First the silver business, now this.

I just hate to see a once great company like this whither down to nothing.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Geez, if their market cap gets any lower, we could take up a collection and buy them out.
    The worst thing you could do is throw money at a problem that isn't money related. If it was, financing would be available to them. If you want to see yourself as an owner, just buy a share - it gets cheaper by the day.......

Shooter
    35mm
    If the gelatin plant has a size which is now much bigger than Kodak internal needs it makes sense to sell it and buy gelatin rather than produce more gelatin then needed and finding itself in the gelatin business, as if they hadn't distractions enough.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    If the gelatin plant has a size which is now much bigger than Kodak internal needs it makes sense to sell it and buy gelatin rather than produce more gelatin then needed and finding itself in the gelatin business, as if they hadn't distractions enough.
    They were in the gelatin business for a long, long time. Eastman Gelatine sold gelatin for many uses. It is a subsidiary company, with lots of outside business.
    I think this is about raising cash. I think they figure they need that more than the profit stream, and it will be better to just buy what they need.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

Kodak Sells off Gelatin business as part of restructuring (WSJ)

Kodak said it was selling off its Eastman Gelatine Corp. business to Rousselot, part of Vion Food Group for an undisclosed sum.

The Kodak subsidiary dates back to 1817 and makes gelatin for printing, imaging, food and pharmaceutical purposes. Kodak bought the company, at one time named The American Glue Company, in 1930 when its film business was thriving. As film sales started to wane, the company branched out more aggressively into other areas like food and pharmaceuticals.

The sale also includes a 575,000-square-foot production facility in Peabody, Mass., where the company makes gelatin made from cattle bones

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...#ixzz1hMg9mwL2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hmmm... is kodak still going to get a discount for making film emulsion? is kodak still going to make film?
    Chris Schuster
    Shutterclank!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterclank View Post
    hmmm... is kodak still going to get a discount for making film emulsion? is kodak still going to make film?
    Hasn't Perez been explicit that Kodak is a printer manufacturer ?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Does Perez not do what the board directs him to do? Or is it a rubber stamp board. I believe the former, but could be wrong.

Restructuring? They re selling it off piece meal. It is sad to see an American icon go like this, die by a thousand cuts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin