Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,604   Online: 807

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve, after I discovered my kids had sailed my prints down the driveway I needed more than a cuppa. I needed a long walk (on my own). Say I have the day off Wednesday, if you have found yourself a solution by then, I can come over the bridge to collect from you and get that packet of panalure as well.

Also Ged's prints arrived in today's post & Andrew K will have his prints to me after the weekend. Nothing heard from Enrico?
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's see how I go, I printed it on a paper that is one of the ones I'm trialing as a new one to standardise on for my fiber prints (since my stock of ooold Ilfobrom is nearly out), I got packs of 25x 8x10's to play with, and there's only a few sheets of that one left, dangit! I'll try to re-soak a couple and see if whatever it is lifts, if not, I'll re-print on one of my other test papers. Hopefully a Melbourne trip bright and early on Monday won't put the group too far behind... I'll keep you posted Andy!

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    SteveR, don't worry. I've only just handed my prints over to the Post Office so they won't be there till Tuesday next week. Sorry if it creates a delay everybody.
    My 10-month-old doesn't give me permission to go into the darkroom very often.
    Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    End of month update

1. Andrew K - next week
    2. Oxleyroad - Done.
    3. tomalophicon - in the post next week
    4. munz6869 - Rec'd
    5. Barrie B. - Rec'd
    6. hoffy - Rec'd
    7. ged - Rec'd
    8. Enrico Scotece - in the post next week
    9. SMBooth - next week
    10. SteveR - Next week
    11. Nige - Rec'd

Brilliant effort by everyone. Luckily no health issues have forced any to reprioritise their lives. So all things being equal I should be able to open up the parcels of prints and distribute. I can't wait to see everyone's efforts, this is th best part of the exchange.

Thanks everyone.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Phew, prints are in the final wash, I just missed April Fools by a minute (as of typing this sentence)! ...does it make me a bad Dad if, while my wife's away for the weekend I took my boy on a longish afternoon walk to the park, to string him out before his afternoon nap so that he wouldn't sleep long before dinner time, so he'd be totally knackered and want to go to bed just before it started to get dark, so I could have an extra couple hours in the darkroom? ...hope not! I'll be feeling it when he gets up super bright and early tomorrow though!

At this stage, I don't feel these prints are going to dry as 'punchy' as the original set, I didn't end up lightly bleaching some areas (white trees) that I did in the first set, mainly because I just wanted them done! I'm hoping it may not actually be all that noticeable, the original set were printed on a matte paper, this new lot are on a gloss (only a few sheets from the sample pack of matte left), so the blacks may seem a bit deeper and make the lighter tones appear brighter... maybe... I might include one of the matte ones in the pack, just to get an opinion of the two papers from Andy.

Drying tonight and part of tomorrow (the gloss seems to stay tacky for a lot longer than any paper I've used before), then pressing tomorrow afternoon and night, then packaged up with the box of Panalure and work out when to drop off. I'll be away from Tuesday evening, so I may have to head Melbourne way Monday, if that suits? I just found out this evening that I need to head up to Melbourne tomorrow for an unrelated excursion, if only I'd known yesterday, I would have made a point of re-printing last night, then they'd be ready to deliver tomorrow!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Phew, prints are in the final wash, I just missed April Fools by a minute (as of typing this sentence)! ...does it make me a bad Dad if, while my wife's away for the weekend I took my boy on a longish afternoon walk to the park, to string him out before his afternoon nap so that he wouldn't sleep long before dinner time, so he'd be totally knackered and want to go to bed just before it started to get dark, so I could have an extra couple hours in the darkroom? ...hope not!
    Definitely not. You have the right idea. I got a 6 year old and I take him on 12km bike rides to knock the energy out of him now and then. Yesterday we did a 4.5km walk around Hawthorn streets and shops (he runs a good amount of it) together, sure hit the sack at 7pm but this morning with the move out of daylight saving he was up at 5:30am. My fault.

I will be at Port Melbourne office Monday, so if you swing by that is fine.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daylight savings, what?! Dangit!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    SteveR, you worry too much

Wait, what time is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Are you guys trying to imply that you are done and finished before midnight when you do a printing session? There is a good 2 or 3 hours left to go after then!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Are you guys trying to imply that you are done and finished before midnight when you do a printing session? There is a good 2 or 3 hours left to go after then!
    ...I had some Dr Who episodes to catch up on though...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin