Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,651   Online: 937

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm still participating in the print wxchange, but I may not be able to comment on everyone's work. We've had a restructure at work and I didn't get my job, so unless they can find me something else, I'll be gone in 8 weeks. I don't have a computer at home, so I won't be able to access APUG. I will also be moving to Canberra In february next year, so I should be able to catch up again, coz I will look sat buying a computer of my own.
    cheers
    Mike
    Mike, that's very unfortunate. Sorry to hear that.

On the upside, we might be able to catch up once you move here.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm sure it'll work out. I am planning on gate crashing the Gordon's christmas party and making a disgraceful drunk of myself. Well....I'm only half joking.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Guys not sure if my idea to put my print in the MCC comp was a good idea. In the past most of the judges dont even know what an analog print is. Last night there was a judge problem. So Andrew the guy from AAPP came back, he is a good talker. But after last night personally I feel he lacks any technical knowledge in photography. So devastated at comments he made about my print. Now I feel like your all going to get a real dud from me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    Guys not sure if my idea to put my print in the MCC comp was a good idea. In the past most of the judges dont even know what an analog print is. Last night there was a judge problem. So Andrew the guy from AAPP came back, he is a good talker. But after last night personally I feel he lacks any technical knowledge in photography. So devastated at comments he made about my print. Now I feel like your all going to get a real dud from me.
    Scott, I really wouldn't worry about what a judge said. I was a member of the Kodak photgraphy club for a couple of years (even though I wasn't employed there), and I heard some unbelievable negative comments about some prints. Some people just don't get it, and sometimes those people are judges.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Don't worry, it'll be great whatever happens because it's not digital!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott, you'll make better progress if you quickly put it behind you and move on. My question is, have the "judges" organised by MCC (AIPP or AAPP, if the former, what is it??) received professional training in the Arts or just sauntering in and making passive, value-based ramblings about what they see, without any applied technical or visual or aesthetic analysis? The last thing people in analog photographic practice want is a Kyle Sandilands on a bourbon bender.

Shooter
    35mm
    Photo comps are not really to my liking. The few times I have entered something I was looking for constructive critique. But when you have to submit something analog done by hand alongside something digital added with help of a computer. Your hard work looks well hopeless. Thanx for the kind words, I still want to try & tone my prints with Viradon so maybe a miracle will happen ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Scott, you'll make better progress if you quickly put it behind you and move on. My question is, have the "judges" organised by MCC (AIPP or AAPP, if the former, what is it??) received professional training in the Arts or just sauntering in and making passive, value-based ramblings about what they see, without any applied technical or visual or aesthetic analysis? The last thing people in analog photographic practice want is a Kyle Sandilands on a bourbon bender.
    Gary the typical photography judge I have been seeing lately is "Kyle Sandilands on a bourbon bender"

They don't even see that the photo is on RC or fiber photographic paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photo comps are not really to my liking. The few times I have entered something I was looking for constructive critique. But when you have to submit something analog done by hand alongside something digital added with help of a computer. Your hard work looks well hopeless. Thanx for the kind words, I still want to try & tone my prints with Viradon so maybe a miracle will happen ?

Mmmm. Now's the time for Mary McKillop to shine, son...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My prints just completed after starting very early this morning. Have had to take a flex day in order to get them all done before I go north on a test trip. Past two weeks have been spent trying to decide on an image, then the last week spent making a suitable contact negative and trialing papers salt solution application techniques.

They'll be in the post Monday Morning to you Tim, wrapped in a plastic bag with some card. I'll send an extra for you Tim as organiser.

ahhhh.

Now off to prepare for the test trip... What cameras do I need to take
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin