Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,581   Posts: 1,622,096   Online: 910

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Last time the person who failed to meet the commitment didn't bother with an apology or anything. Tim, have the late two indicated that they are still in, or should we accept the kind offers of extra prints?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that if you havent received a PM to the contrary you can safely assume your prints have been received.

Maybe a different format could work? Not to diminish all the hard work that Tim has been putting in to this, but the Alternative Process exchange works a lot more directly. Once you have the groups sorted out you PM everyone else in your group with your address and then they do the same. You mail the prints directly to eachother.
    Obviously some people may not feel comfortable giving out their postal address directly to others, but the postcard exchange has worked on that principle for years now. Also postage would be costlier, as you're mailing out 10 individual envelopes instead of just the one to Tim. But it would also mean that those that play by the rules get their prints, and those that dont are obvious - if they have a legitimate reason for being delayed it's more understandable than if they're holding up the whole operation.
    Just a suggestion - the system we have in place is the ideal, the most organised, simple and cost effective, but when a no-show or two can hold things up to this extent it's a bit painful.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    ...but I think next time we need a more firm cutoff...
    Well, wasn't that all discussed at the beginning of this round, in the hopes of avoiding last rounds hold up... looks like it worked a treat

Honestly though, when I think about it, if something had come up in life and I was holding up a dozen or so big burly blokes (that we all are), I'd probably be to embarrassed even to pop in and admit it... so while I'm anxiously waiting here, hopping from foot to foot holding my crotch like a 5yo busting for the loo, I find it hard to get too pee'd off, because I bet these two blokes are feeling pretty damn crappy themselves.

ps, I didn't receive a pm either

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about, tell the reprobates not to bother and Tim gets to keep some extra prints?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Come on boys, let's give em a bit of time. The world ain't gonna end. We don't know their circumstances. Anything can happen in people's lives so let's give the benefit of the doubt.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok guys, I received what I think was the last set of prints today, so give me a couple of days to sort through them all and will try and get it out by Wed or Thu. Sorry I can't get them out sooner, been a busy couple of weeks at work for me.

TK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timk View Post
    Ok guys, I received what I think was the last set of prints today, so give me a couple of days to sort through them all and will try and get it out by Wed or Thu. Sorry I can't get them out sooner, been a busy couple of weeks at work for me.

TK

WooHoo! Thanks Tim, can't wait.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Same here. Looking forward to it. I hope my prints got enough of a final wash as one of my test prints from the same batch is showing real signs of insufficient washing. Anyway thanks Tim.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think in future that anybody who can't stand by their commitment shouldn't contribute. Respect other people's time, please.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good Stuff Tim. Thanks for your efforts and looking forward to seeing whats in my pile!
    If you get a chance, check out my new Facebook Page, Kustoms On Silver!

Hoffy's Flickr Photostream (Not quite analog Only, but nearly!)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin