Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,792   Online: 676

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, Alex, but you don't usually send Christmas cards in October, do you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello all.

I really must apologise for the delay in getting my prints to you.

I ordered material to print them and it didn't arrive before i went to Nepal. It still has not arrived so i have gone to a backup plan.

Prints will be in the mail tomorrow.

AK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkirkby View Post
    I really must apologise for the delay in getting my prints to you...

...Prints will be in the mail tomorrow.

As late as it is, it's good to hear some news from someone as to what's going on, thanks Andrew, hope you had a good trip! My brother and his wife just got back from a couple months around Nepal late in the year as well, sounds like a great time of year to visit.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Happy new year to every one. Looks like we'll have our prints soon.

It must be time to start the signup for the next round :-)
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Happy new year to every one. Looks like we'll have our prints soon.

It must be time to start the signup for the next round :-)
    I think that is a good idea. Should we wait for Tim or get it going ourselves (if Tim is too busy, I am happy to co-ordinate)?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    I think that is a good idea. Should we wait for Tim or get it going ourselves (if Tim is too busy, I am happy to co-ordinate)?

Cheers

I was just thinking the same thing last night, maybe we could have a 'regular' exchange, and a 'super-strict' one. Regular runs as they usually do, super-strict is run on the understanding that prints not in by cut-off miss out because the shared prints are getting distributed on a certin date. Anyone who misses the cut-off can flow into the 'regular' exchange...

it was just a thought, but then I thought it sounded a bit nasty, so I wouldn't mention it... oops...

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing last night, maybe we could have a 'regular' exchange, and a 'super-strict' one. Regular runs as they usually do, super-strict is run on the understanding that prints not in by cut-off miss out because the shared prints are getting distributed on a certin date. Anyone who misses the cut-off can flow into the 'regular' exchange...
    Another alternative would be to have a "continuously rolling" exchange with no set cut-off dates. The coordinator simply distributes sets of prints when they have a pre-agreed number of sets on hand. E.g. If it is agreed that everyone sends 5 prints then the coordinator simply sets aside the first 6 sets that come in (assuming you dont want your own print back) and treats them as a group for distribution purposes. Next 6 sets received go into the next group and so on...

This would let folk participate as often (or seldom) as they wish. It would also avoid distribution being delayed on account of tardiness (slow to arrive prints effectively miss the cut for a few groups and become part of the next group for distribution).

Potential downsides I can forsee are:

1. It may mean more work for the coordinator.
    2. If someone gets too keen and submits too many sets of prints then the co-ordinator may need to tell them to take a break for a while... alternatively you have a rule for repeat contributors that says you dont send your next set until you have received a set.
    3. If enthusiasm flags and the number of sets submitted drops then the coordinator may end up holding prints for a while waiting for the number of sets needed to complete a group (this could no doubt be sorted with some communication).

Just some thoughts.

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For an exchange such as this, this is how I personally see the options:

* Stay with the current game plan - Have a period of time to nominate to be included in the exchange, have a set time to print and send to the co-ordinator and when all the sets are ready to go, distribute.
    * Modify the current game plan to ensure that prints are sent out to the final destinations by a set date, regardless of all the prints being available - OK, lets say we have 20 nominate, but 18 sets of prints are received at the cut off date. Since we would break that up into two groups of 10, the way I see it is that each person would get 9 new prints set back to them, plus one of their own prints sent back. Those who didn't get their prints in by the cut off date simply miss out. If they wish to participate again in the future, there would have to be some makeup or penalty (I.E., miss out on a round or ensure that they do a bit of a double up to make up for the prints they didn't send). The downside with this is if there is a big number of drop outs, you could get a big number of you own prints sent back
    * Adopt Seabirds idea (not too bad, just a bit of a pain for the person organising it). At least you know that if you send out 5 prints, you will get 5 different prints back….

Any other thoughts?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    * Adopt Seabirds idea (not too bad, just a bit of a pain for the person organising it). At least you know that if you send out 5 prints, you will get 5 different prints back….
    Hi Hoffy,

A variation that would "sweeten" the deal for the organiser would be as follows: Everyone sends 6 prints and understands that they will get 5 different prints back with the additional print being for the organiser (to compensate them for their trouble). Means the organiser gets a "free" set of prints for every exchange irrespective of whether they participate or not.

NB While I'm happy to take the credit, this is not my idea. It is the way one of the other print exchanges on APUG works. I've thought about participating but international postage is a killer...

Regards
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Call me a fence sitter if you like but I can work with what ever the majority think is a good idea.

I will put my hand up to manage the print distribution this round and I will start the new round three thread as well, if no one objects by the end of the week. Whatever the agreed method of running the exchange will be accommodated.

Let's get to it. I have not been able to get into the darkroom because of the duties associated with the festive season, but now suffering bad withdrawal symptoms will start back in there tonight now the rest of the family is in bed.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin