Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,815   Online: 1171

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm keen too, now I have my new darkroom operational... printing is 16% more satisfying with the "commodore 64" of enlarger controllers...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post

I will put my hand up to manage the print distribution this round and I will start the new round three thread as well, if no one objects by the end of the week. Whatever the agreed method of running the exchange will be accommodated.
    Hi Oxleyroad,

Thanks for your offer, but have you discussed this with timk? Do you have his confirmation that he no longer wants to organise the exchanges? I, for one, have been happy with his management of the process to date, and I note that in both exchanges the delays were not of his making. (I know that I would have been far less likely to protect the names of the "laggards" - and there but for the grace of God...)

I applaud your offer and dont wish to discourage you, but also dont want to timk to feel someone is stepping on his turf - particularly if he is happy to continue. Isn't your generous offer premature until timk has confirmed he wishes to withdraw?

Thoughts? Timk?

Cheers

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I suppose we need to ask the next question......does anyone else actually want to continue with the exchanges?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think they're an awesome idea, and am happy to participate! Impatience & frustration is tempered (eventually, I trust) by the excitement of seeing other folks' stuff!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    I suppose we need to ask the next question......does anyone else actually want to continue with the exchanges?
    On reflection, I probably won't participate if the "rules" are the same.
    I think 9/10 prints is too many. I opted for 8x10 RC paper to cut down the time and expense and meet the size guidance. I'd prefer to make 3 and no more than 4 fibre prints on 11x14 and put more time and energy into a quality archival print. i.e. produce what I typically make and enjoy the most rather than "compromising".

Also inkjet prints don't interest me much. I like to see what people are doing in the silver and alternative media so I can learn and appreciate how others do it. If I want to admire inkjets I can always rejoin a camera club

But, then again, I might change my mind after actually seeing some prints!
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Not in their present form.

FWIW, I think the exchange needs:
    1. A pretty firm deadline;
    2. A clear indication to everyone of which, if any, prints are missing. If people have a good reason for being late, they should share it with everyone. And people who have sent their prints would probably like to know that they have arrived.
    3. Regular updates from the organiser. Organising these things is a commitment too. Apologies to Tim if he is in jail or hospital, but the current radio silence is pretty unsatisfactory.

Ian

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Yes, I'd be more than happy to continue the exchange if people are willing to play by the rules.

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad other have the exact same feelings as I. Being new to analog photography, print exchange gave me a goal & a deadline. But this was only meet with disappointment. I am not going to point a finger but you know who you are guilty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, do you guys have any suggestions? Should it be a rolling exchange, with less prints or a set date, ect?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great to see us thinking about we want.

As mentioned before I like the is exchange as I like the anticipation of what I will get back in the post. The standard of prints coming back (from the first exchange anyway) made me rethink a little of what I need to be doing. It also forces me to meet the timing dead lines of the round.

Having a rolling schedule like the post card exchange (not necessarily the same timing) works for me.

I can't come at what Tony is suggesting as I have so few sheets of paper bigger than 8x10 and to participate I would have to go out and buy some. But would go with doing fewer prints if this would get the exchange rolling again.

I also go along with what Ian suggested in his three points.

I have tried contacting Tim through PM, I guess I could go knocking on his door to find out what the status is for exchange #2, but have not had any response in the last few days.

I did say I would kick off a new thread today if there was no objections, but as I have not head from Tim as yet I'll wait for his blessing. Any one from the Melbourne Camera Club got a means of contacting Tim?
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin