Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,739   Online: 903

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    The Traditional group @ the MCC will meet on Monday 24 January. Tim is one of the co chairs, so he should be there ?

As always any APUG or new comers are welcome to attend. I will try to tactfully approach Tim & get some info on the print exchange.

There is also an antique camera outing in Williams town next sunday. He could turn up there also ? I plan on a quick visit as I have other commitments on the day also.

Beyond that I dont know what to say ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    I can't come at what Tony is suggesting as I have so few sheets of paper bigger than 8x10 and to participate I would have to go out and buy some. But would go with doing fewer prints if this would get the exchange rolling again.
    I wasn't suggesting everyone else should print bigger. I'd be happy to receive a 4x5 contact print in return if that's someone's thing.
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The idea behind the 8x10 size was to make it more manageable when it came to postage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, after chatting with Carey a little while back and trying to work out just what it was my images were lacking, I bought myself some selenium toner recently. This afternoon I had a chance to have a crack at it, do some tests and see if I could start to fill in the gap between where my prints are, and where I want them to be.

It was pretty successful, I have to say. However, comparing a toned and un-toned version of the print I submitted for the exchange, I have to say, I'm not happy with what you're all going to see!

So, Tim, if you reckon it's going to be more than another week 'till the prints get sent out, let me know and I'll pop 'round and grab mine so I can tone them before they get shared :P

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi all,

Firstly let me apologise profusely for being MIA for a while, I know there is no excuse but I had a rough couple of weeks in December and then went away with family over xmas and new years

I am fully back on board as of this week.

Now, the update on the exchange is that I'm still waiting on prints from andrewkirkby. I'm not sure if you haven't sent the prints or not but if you have / havent please contact me asap

Other than that, Group 1 is ready to go out, group 2 is just waiting on Andrew.

What's everyone's preference, if I cut out andrew and move someone from group 1 into group2 (I'm happy to volunteer to move groups).

Will wait until this evening and if no-one has replied either way, I'll move myself into group 2 and then send the prints out.

And again, so sorry I didn't intend the prints to be outstanding for this long.

TK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the update, Tim. Looking forward to seeing some prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I feel like I've let everyone down, I'll include a copy of a postcard exchange print I did a while back as I have some spares!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome back Tim Happy New year

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good to hear you're alive and well Tim.

As no one else is/has put their hand up and Tim has let me know he was going to ask if someone else could run with the running of the print exchanges I still have my hand up Will get onto this again in separate message

Andrew Kirkby - have you your prints already been left with the postman like you indicated they would be in your last message back on the 31st Dec?

So what do we do with the missing prints from Andrew? As he had initially mentioned he was looking at Ilfochromes and that he is also in my group I'd say Tim send of group ones' packages, and hold on for Andrew's to complete the second group of prints unless he advises us otherwise. I am happy to wait longer for the prints as it has been a long while now, so what is another week or a month

What we all need to do now come up with a common agenda for how we proceed for round three - yippee.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by timk View Post
    Hi all,

... I had a rough couple of weeks in December and then went away with family over xmas and new years

What's everyone's preference, if I cut out andrew and move someone from group 1 into group2 (I'm happy to volunteer to move groups).

And again, so sorry I didn't intend the prints to be outstanding for this long.

TK
    Timk,

Good to hear from you.

I trust you've recovered from your rough December and that the time with family was therapeutic (clearly you dont know my family...) Forget about December. It's gone. Look forward to the New Year!

As for the prints: my preference is that you hold group 2 and send group 1 - but only because I'm in group 1 . I understand if you decide to hold all until andrewkirkby's prints are to hand (sounds as though they must be close).

Clearly the delay is not of your making so no need to feel too bad about what has happened. It does, however, highlight the issue and whether/how we address it for future exchanges.

Regards

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin