Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,262   Online: 775

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Tim, I'll keep an eye on the post box.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oooh - the mother-lode of photo treats arrived in the post today:
    * A strap for my Mamiya
    * two copies of the February "Landscape Architecture Australia" with some of my work in them!
    * round two of the A/NZ Print exchange (group 1)
    I barely know where to look - I'm overwhelmed!! But I'll spend all evening looking at these... some fab prints there folks!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Post man is in for me as well. Just had a quick flick through. I will post some comments at a later stage

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yeah, I will wait until people start receiving their prints, but I was bloody impressed when I was sorting through them. Great work everyone!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ok, here's my brief thoughts on this lovely bunch of prints:
    SMBooth - Trentham Falls: Shane, I only discovered Trentham Falls a month or so ago and this crazy pinhole print completely does them justice. The deep blacks, and silky water from your patient 4 minute exposure, and all the foreground rubble really make the print!
    Wyno - Studio Nude: Still so sharp for 1/4s Mike! The hair detail really pulls you in, and I like how the wooden planks of whatever the model is sitting on are just visible
    Kevin Caulfield - Funny Face: Great 4x5 indoor portrait Kevin! I've had my Wista a year longer and I'm yet to make as satisfying a one of these (despite lots of trying and patient relatives). Great sitter, lighting and expression!
    Nige - Companions: The low angle and the 150mm lens (assuming you haven't cropped too much!) seem just right for this composition. The sky tonality is great too! I like the heavier RC paper.
    Seabird - Trees, etc.: I feel short changed by the panoramic aspect... No I don't :-) I actually like this composition, and the path at right makes me feel like I've been walking and just turned my head to look at the trees, which have a satisfying brightness.
    Alex Bishop-Thorne - Thomas & Ground#3: Beautiful prints, in the real sense of the word. Like getting christmas presents in January. Ground #3 is my fave, and that was before I read either text. It's such a delicate work.
    Chris - Railway: Everyone can sympathise with the print of a scan of a print dilemma. But I've spent so long trying to get max. d.o.f. in railway track shots, it's completely refreshing to see the well-executed opposite of that, and the stone highlights on the sleeper pull the eye in even more!
    hoffy - All the Boys (etc): This is so great and creepy Ashley. As most things with dolls in them (to me, anyway) are... But I agree with you, the darkness is surprisingly appealing...
    Couldn't tell the name - Their first match: I think this is one of, if not my fave composition of this exchange. The almost silhouette tone of the tree contrasts really nicely with the foreground ephemera and grounds stretching away to a hill with communications tower. Also, the subject matter is so peaceful and laconic - makes me want to sit in a park and watch some cricket...

Also, there was a postcard print, toned, of a stone walkway, that didn't have any info with it? Again, this appealed to me because I am always trying to make "that photo" with less success - I think compositionally it works because the foreground walls disappear into shadow, and are mysteriously unresolved somehow?

All up - What a great bunch of prints and I'm so pleased we eventually got 'em!!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Sorry Marc, the cricket one is mine. I was in such a rush I forgot to do everything right when getting them ready to go.
    Thanks alot of the kind words.
    Tom.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the kind words, Marc. I was originally in two minds whether I should put in a nude shot, but then after getting feedback, realised that it would be a good idea. I'm glad you liked it.
    Now I'm going to have to come up with something special for the next exchange I enter.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My parcel arrived this morning. Just had a quick look through & it's an interesting and diverse collection. I'll have a better look later when I have more time but it's pretty much what I was looking forward to by getting into the exchange, i.e. seeing a range of images and processes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    My parcel arrived this morning. Just had a quick look through & it's an interesting and diverse collection. I'll have a better look later when I have more time but it's pretty much what I was looking forward to by getting into the exchange, i.e. seeing a range of images and processes.
    Yeah, there certainly are some neat ones in our group, mine just arrived too.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I picked up my set from Tim yesterday. Thanks again, Tim, for organising this. Also, Tim was kind enough to show me the pics from the other group. I'll comment on my group soon, but in the meantime, great work from the others too. Tony Egan, in particular, your Luna Park photo is awesome. Great composition with the puddle reflection. Obviously you knew this puddle, or otherwise you found it at just the right time.

More comments soon on our group, but great work by everybody.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin