Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,132   Online: 902

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2226272829303132
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Tony E - Luna Park

That reflection is absolutely amazing! I wonder the same thing that was asked before, did you know the area and knew there was a dip there, or did you just get 'lucky'? I like the slight blur you've gotten in the ferris wheel, just enough to make it a 'static image that shows movement' without letting it turn into a whirling grey mass. I have to say, two things on your printing, I'm very surprised by the tone of the paper, not nearly as cool toned as I would have expected from that paper, the face almost even looks a touch warm (probably in comparison to the rest of the picture). The second thing... AMAZINGLY STRAIGHT BORDERS!!!...
    I was attending a corporate function at Luna Park and took my Mamiya 7 and a light tripod along. I noticed the puddle mid-afternoon on the way in and thought there might be some possibilities as dusk approached with the eyes and teeth glowing in the reflection. I have seen several similar images over the years. One with more water in the puddle and a wider angle view and one just of the reflection which currently appears on Robert Billington's web site. Yes, also very familiar with the place having photographed it many times at various times in different ways,

As for the print tone it was developed in a warm dilution of LPD and selenium toned which would have tamed some of the coolness. Somewhat shattered that the only feature which made it into capitals was the borders! Nothing more than a decent Saunders easel and the back of some cast off prints with ruled markings on them!

Thanks for taking the time to comment on everyone's prints.

Tony
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    ...Somewhat shattered that the only feature which made it into capitals was the borders! Nothing more than a decent Saunders easel and the back of some cast off prints with ruled markings on them!
    I've just never been able to get decent borders from an easel, that's all! At the moment I use masks cut out of light-weight masonite. I only made them in panoramic for 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20, and thun bordered full sheet for 11x14 and 16x20, so any other sizes (including normal full 8x10) I print either full-bleed (as it were) or with lop-sided easel borders... It made my day in the last round when one or two others had borders bout as even as mine. You'll notice the texture of the cut masonite in the borders of my print. I kind of like it actually, but still find a good, straight and true border very impressive!

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    I've just never been able to get decent borders from an easel, that's all! At the moment I use masks cut out of light-weight masonite. I only made them in panoramic for 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20, and thun bordered full sheet for 11x14 and 16x20, so any other sizes (including normal full 8x10) I print either full-bleed (as it were) or with lop-sided easel borders... It made my day in the last round when one or two others had borders bout as even as mine. You'll notice the texture of the cut masonite in the borders of my print. I kind of like it actually, but still find a good, straight and true border very impressive!
    I picked up a 11x14" 4-blade Saunders second hand a few years ago. One of my favourite darkroom tools. I was always staggered by the new price but can appreciate why now. Built like a tank and the multiple paper guide slots are genius.
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin