Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,508   Online: 1030

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Why not Glenn? Sorry I can't remember the other thread :|
    "life has been a bit hectic lately - I was finally made redundant two weeks ago after 4 months of waiting for news from management in the US. In anticipation of the expected news, we've been preapring to sell our house and move cities and as a result so I don't know if I'll be able to participate in the 2nd round, although I'd love to. "

Shooter
    35mm
    So are you allowing different printing process ? If so then I would be able to participate.

Cheers Scott

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I'm sorry to hear that Glenn. It's horrible news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree, that's just a crap position to be in, Glenn.

You know, considering there's an analogue photographer in need, I propose we could always just send Glenn a print gratis? I know by the time I've printed 11, one more isn't really a problem. Just as an optional act of good will, until Glenn can get back into the darkroom - I think we've all experienced how the world can get in the way of our enlarger sometimes.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great idea Alex! I concur.

Marc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awww shucks, you folks, what a lovely thought.

Just so you understand here, I'm not upset, angry or worried about this change. I'm not down to my last few dollars either. It's quite liberating in fact. I get to walk away with a modest fistful of $ after 11 years with my current employer, I get to move back to my old home town and spend lots more time with my family and I have a completely unknown work future ahead of me which is both slightly nerve-wracking and terribly exciting and invigorating at the same time. I have zero doubt I'll easily get some kind of job, I just don't know what that work will be just yet.

It's almost certain I won't have the time or access to my darkroom stuff to do my own B&W hand-made prints because I'm now in the middle of packing house, preparing to sell house, project managing various things on the block of land I've bought near Mackay to make it liveable in 7 weeks and then moving up to live there around the beginning of November to either start work or to continue the job hunt. So yes, busy, busy, busy. BUT, I may be able to get a colour print done in a lab that I can use for the exchange so I'm not completely ruling myself out yet. Hey, I need to make use of the 45mm and 55mm lenses I've just bought for my Mam645, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice part of the world, Glenn. You'll need to put in aircon though when you get around to building a new darkroom up there! Good luck with the move, and do put something in the exchange if you can.
    Ian

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Having just got back on line after a week away you can count me in. Thanks to Shane and Marc for directing me here.

I have to thank AndrewK for the inspiration to get into Brown Van Dyke. Have been mucking around with this for about 4 weeks now and love it. Have to confess that I have been using hybrid negatives. So much cheaper when you can use the old transparancy sheets no one wants at work through the photocopier, than doing it all through the wet process.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Andy

welcome to the process - Van Dyke Brtown is a surprising process - surprisingly easy that is for the results you get....have fun!

And I must try using a photocopier to do my enlarged negs....I've been doing mine using old Ilford inkjet Overhead film...

Cheers

Andrew
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wasn't in your group (Andrew K) but I snuck a look at your print when I was picking mine up from Tim and I have to say, I was very impresed, I'd love to look into the process... especially since you claim it's so easy :P

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin