Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,215   Online: 932

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mine turned up yesterday, which cheered me up no end because a few hours earlier my beautiful Fuji 6x8 rangefinder was stolen - whilst I had it at work!!! So thanks Andy and everyone for turning a crap day into a less crap day!!!

I'll write up some comments in due course...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just realised mine are hopefully waiting for me in my post office box. I think I'll wait for the rain to slow down a bit before I venture out to check.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine came today. Looks like Aust Post forgot to put there kid gloves on, as the corners are a bit bent, but meh, such is life.

Anyhow......interesting to see a bit of colour in my packet. That came as a suprise!

BTW, Marc, I hope you can find out what happened to your camera. That has got to suck.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Mine turned up yesterday, which cheered me up no end because a few hours earlier my beautiful Fuji 6x8 rangefinder was stolen - whilst I had it at work!!! So thanks Andy and everyone for turning a crap day into a less crap day!!!

I'll write up some comments in due course...

Marc!
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Marc. That really is a beautiful camera, one of the nicest photographic items I have ever seen. Not nice that it was stolen at work - that is sad. Hopefully it could still turn up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My prints were safe and dry at the post office. Good work everybody. I just seem to be missing an info sheet from Alex.

Thanks again for organising, Andy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My prints from Group 2 were in my mail this morning, nice work everyone , pity there was not ten in the group.
    ............................ Cheers Barrie B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    My prints were safe and dry at the post office. Good work everybody. I just seem to be missing an info sheet from Alex.

Thanks again for organising, Andy.
    Now this explains why I had one of these sheets left over. If this is the only mistake I have not too badly at all. I will scan and post to you this evening.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Now this explains why I had one of these sheets left over. If this is the only mistake I have not too badly at all. I will scan and post to you this evening.
    Should have thought about this a bit more before I posted. If you want the original Kevin I will need your address again, that also goes for your electronic one as well as you don't have it on APUG.
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 04-12-2011 at 04:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Should have thought about this a bit more before I posted. If you want the original Kevin I will need your address again.
    Hi Andy, just a scan will be fine, thanks. I'll pm my email addy.

Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for your kind words Hoffy & Kevin - I am still a bit depressed about that camera...!

The prints, on the other hand... Here's a few comments for my group:

1. "The Uralla Mainline" - Tomalophicon - Well, I'm a sucker for fibre print tone, fog and railway photos, so this print just has all the essential ingredients for me. Love it.
    2. "Untitled snowy Canadian photo" - Bob Walberg - Skillful printing that you can still see tone in the lightest bits of snow - and the dense, leafless branch detail of the birch trees is really nicely captured. I want to visit there... perhaps in summer though.
    3. "Echo's Witness Arthouse 2010" - Timk - I remember the Arthouse... My guitar amp used to buzz during gigs as the trams went by... I am impressed with the facial detail, and the way it looms out of absolute black - that could almost be a crop in itself!!
    4. "Untitled" - Michael W - Ralph Lambrecht put me onto this great German photographer who makes infrared photos of Castles (with a Linhof 617), and that's got me a bit keen on infrared lately. This picture is so otherworldly - I like how the foliage tonally dominates the picture in such a strange way.
    5. "Eagle - Modern Ambrotype" - Andrew K - I find it hard to "love" inkjet prints, but I would love to see an actual ambrotype of this picture - all the ones you see in "View Camera" magazine seem to be of circus folk and frontier types (surely an exaggeration!), so it's a refreshing composition in this style.
    6. "Holga pic" - Andrew K - How have you made this? Using a Holga, or a DSLR as in the description? Again, as an inkjet print, I reckon it suffers (for me) in being in a pile of darkroom prints that the tone and texture of the paper can be compared against. That said, I would like to see the negative as a darkroom print!
    7. "Restored Couta Boat" - SMBooth - Timeless, clean and graphic image! The boat and the water are so pictorially clean, it's almost like a computer render. But it's not and thus means you're just jolly clever.

Another great exchange everybody - looking forward to round #4...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin