Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,061   Online: 998

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    sorry to hear of Carey's passing...very sad news...my condolences to his family.

For those that have asked about my prints - yes my prints were inkjet prints - mainly because my local lab has 2 printers - a HP inkjet and a Fuji Frontier, and to be honest I prefer the HP as the color is closer in monochrome to what I get tonally in the darkroom.

The photo of the seagulls was shot on a HOLGA, and then the negative was photographed on a lightbox to create a positive. The printing with the frame lines showing is the same technique I would have done in a darkroom using a oversized neg carrier in a enlarger..

And Oxleyroad is correct - it was too much of a challenge to send multiple ambrotypes for the print exchange - they are just too unpredictable and time consuming to get 1 good one - let alone 6 or 8 of them :-) The print I sent was close to the look of the ambrotype, and was the only practical way to share the image with everyone....

Thanks for arranging this print swap Andrew - and the next one too. Look forward to seeing peoples results in a couple of months...just need to work out what process to use this time.....
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format

Prints Received

Yes, I received my share of the prints. It took about three weeks. Thank you to Andrew for coordinating and to all of you for allowing me to participate.

The prints came when I was in bed with a cold and now my wife is going into the hospital for back surgery (no it isn't the result of my cold). I'll be taking care of her for the next few weeks, so I will spend time with the photos and post some comments once we settle into a routine.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Prints Received

Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Started a sign up thread for round 4.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum391/...ml#post1174771

I trust everyone received their prints from round three, not everyone has advised they have their package of prints
    Yes, I received my share of the prints. It took about three weeks. Thank you to Andrew for coordinating and to all of you for allowing me to participate.

The prints came when I was in bed with a cold and now my wife is going into the hospital for back surgery (no it isn't the result of my cold). I'll be taking care of her for the next few weeks, so I will spend time with the photos and post some comments once we settle into a routine.

Sorry for the double post, but the "delete" option is not appearing for Post #72 so I can't delete it.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin