It is time to think about our next exchange, and just because the thread is contained in Australia and New Zealand Print Exchange does not mean any one living outside of these two countries is not welcome to be part of this.
How it works:
- Groups will be of similar/equal numbers not exceeding 12 people depending on how many people sign up
- Each person makes a number of identical prints for the others in their group and posts it to the organizer (me) along with an info sheet on how you made the print and what ever other information you wish to share
- The organiser collates everyone's prints and sends you back one print from each person in the group.
- Prints can be up to 8x10inch
- Prints must be unmounted
- Prints must be from analog media (ie. negative/transparency, film/paper), commercial printing is acceptable as are inkjet prints as long as it was taken on analog media. However photos taken with a digital camera are not permitted.
- You have to tell us how you made the print
- You must post the prints to the organizer (address will be PM'd after sign-up) before the close date, include stamped self addressed envelope that is large enough for 8x10 prints. You are responsible for ensuring correct postage and adequate protection for the prints from the postage system, water damage etc. Whatever protection you provide for the prints will be the same for the prints we return to you.
- International participants can send me some funds via Paypal to cover return postage of their set of prints.
- Late dispatches of prints to the organizer for what ever reason is discouraged as it delays the return of all prints for that group. If prints are going to be late, that participant ('Laggard') is to advise all in the group, and if the others so decide the organizer will return the collected prints, and the 'Laggard' will be responsible for sending out their prints to the individuals of the group. The 'Laggard' will also have a set of prints held with the organizer that they have to arrange postage for.
Round # 5 - September.
Sign up by 30th of September.
Prints made and sent to me no later than 30th November.
Prints exchanged and returned for comments during the month of December.
Round #6 - I think some discussion might be in order here as December being the silly season and all, with holidays and many other things on our minds. I ask is January an appropriate time to start this next round?
So, if you want to sign up post you willingness in this thread. Below is my record of those who have already advised me of their intentions to participate in round 6.
3. Barrie B.