Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,371   Online: 851

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt that it is a matter of "policy". I'm assuming it is a matter of a customer asked for a "special request" and someone knew how to do it, so they did it. Next time that special request was made, someone else knew how to do it, so they did it. I think it is a matter of half-frame scanning is a special request. I do a lot of business with Costco (and other labs) and have never seen that offered as a basic service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    p.s. Especially considering the comments you made, foc, I would think that their future policy should be to not do half-frame even as a special request! Sometimes NOTHING makes people satisfied.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At Costco, I start from my first visit to a store by introducing myself to the Photo Department manager. We have a nice talk and I tell him what I want. From then on, I only deal with him. I have never had a problem with Costco developing and printing.

However, when they had Qualex, Qualex lost three of seven rolls that they had previously printed badly. I talked with the Photo Department manager and store manager many times, and they worked hard getting searches done. Qualex could not find the missing rolls. I worked with the Photo Department manager and store manager to successfully get Costco to delete Qualex as a processor for Costco. The Photo Department manager and store manager made sure that Qualex knew that they helped me get Qualex disinfrancized by Costco because the lost rolls of film. After Qualex was disinfrancized, Qualex asked me how they could get back in my good graces so they could reapply to Costco. I told them to find the lost rolls of film. They said that that was not possible. To which I said that then they only way they could get in my good graces was to go out of business. Then I asked them if the price of screwing me in the first place was worth it to them. They said that I had cost them much more than it would have been to do the job right the first time. Costco corporate told me that with the deletion of Qualex, that they would [and did] expand the in house processing. Now as others noted, the demand for in house processing is not great enough in some locations.

Now if they would just process 120 film ...

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only problem I ever had at Costco was "temporary loss" because Costco once (maybe still, IDK becuase I send my wife to pick up for me) stored photo orders in an open location where any Tom, Dick, or Harry could get them out of order... and in my case it was a Dick that got them out of order. The manager knew that my film had been processed and put into the box... it just took a while to find it again.

Your story is interesting, Steve... I've never had an interaction like that with a second-tier vendor.

Ya... if they would just process 120. sigh.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin